Wish X/Y-Joystick Matrix to blend cabs

Cube

I would be happy if a X/Y-joystick matrix could be added on the cab block main page below the "Input Mode" showing all 4 cab slots each at a corner. Moving a joystick-like point in this matrix could merge relationally the volumes of the cab slots to get a proper mix sound of all 4 cab slots. This matrix doesn't much space imo and should only adjust the volume settings of all slots.

Reminds me of Logic Pro and others where you can move the mic in this manner across a cab, but also the distance the mic is from the speaker.

I would be happy if a X/Y-joystick matrix could be added on the cab block main page below the "Input Mode" showing all 4 cab slots each at a corner. Moving a joystick-like point in this matrix could merge relationally the volumes of the cab slots to get a proper mix sound of all 4 cab slots. This matrix doesn't much space imo and should only adjust the volume settings of all slots.
Something like the STLtones LIBRA plugin.

STL-Tones-Ignite-Libra.jpg

I can only imagine using a joystick to effectively blend three IRs.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think with four, there's no way to lower the level of a single member of the set.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think with four, there's no way to lower the level of a single member of the set.
That's right. It's not a complete subsitute for a 4 channel mixer. There's also a subtle distinction between mixing multiple IR's and morphing between multiple IR's.

Yeah, seems to be right. But it could work instead when the X/Y-Matrix uses an "additional Vol-Overlay" so that the individual volumes of the four cab-slots can still be used independently. On the other hand the matrix wasn't ment to be a high-resolution adjust-option, it would just be fine to have the opportunity to mix the four slots quick and easily with a joystick by ear.

@Admin M@ I think that's what he means about 4 axis joystick like faIRmageddom plugin. That's a helluva good IR software waaaayy better than Cab Lab3. At least if Cab Lab had a update, it would be so cool.

Screen Shot 2022-07-28 at 03.17.44.png

I'm not interested in Cab-Lab like functionality in the cab block, I just want to have a little tool to blend between the available cab slots. I don't need the precision to reduce the volume of one slot (if this should be needed instead it can be done by lowering the volume in the slot) and I don't need a magical blow-up of the cab block. Just a little tool ...

Back
Top Bottom