X Y Help

Neil frost

hi guys,

Can you help. I am attempting to use XY switching amp model on bank 1 scene 1 but when I hold the button 1 down to switch the colour goes yellow but the chosen sound does not respond. Am I doing something wrong? Only just bought unit so I could be missing something.

Hi Neil,

Welcome.

Are you sure that you are switching the right block? One common example of a misunderstanding would be something like confusing Delay 1 for Delay 2.

I believe that I can hold it and switch amp to Y amp, is that not right? Do I have to assign the button to only switch?

I have misunderstood, I thought you could use a button for FX, Scene's and switching by holding down for a second. Chris with your experience what would be the best set up to arrange clean,OD sounds for live use. Thanks for your help man : )

Ah, so why does the Y light come on?

The Y light turns on regardless of that block being active or not. On the AX8, the quickest way to change AMP X/Y is to assign that specifically to one of the 8 footswitches. Right click any of those foot switches, and choose Amp X/Y. When enabled, it'd be Y setting, disabled it's X.

If you have another parameter you want to change on the fly for a specific Amp setting, you can use a CS1 or CS2 (custom switch), then map 1-8 for CS1 or CS2.

Does that make sense?

The Y light turns on regardless of that block being active or not. On the AX8, the quickest way to change AMP X/Y is to assign that specifically to one of the 8 footswitches. Right click any of those foot switches, and choose Amp X/Y. When enabled, it'd be Y setting, disabled it's X.

If you have another parameter you want to change on the fly for a specific Amp setting, you can use a CS1 or CS2 (custom switch), then map 1-8 for CS1 or CS2.

Does that make sense?
Yeah, great thanks man : )

quick learning curve as gig at the weekend, load of new covers which I'm trying to write patches for like u2 etc :) and get decent clean sounds for funk and 60s, queen sounds etc. should get it sorted lol

Back
Top Bottom