X/Y Amp Switching

spanny

Inspired
Hey All. When I owned an Axe FX II, there was a noticeable gap between switching the X&Y states of the amp block, leaving roughly half a second of silence while the amp loads. In the Afx FX III, is there any noticeable gaps between switching the X&Y states of the amp blocks or is that now instantaneous?

Thanks!

Hey All. When I owned an Axe FX II, there was a noticeable gap between switching the X&Y states of the amp block, leaving roughly half a second of silence while the amp loads. In the Afx FX III, is there any noticeable gaps between switching the X&Y states of the amp blocks or is that now instantaneous?

Thanks!

You can do it pretty much instantaneous w multiplexer
But even just switching channels its fast

Thanks!
The gap in the II was nowhere near as much as half a second. But yes, it's faster in the III, but not instantaneous.

Thanks!
Half a second (500 milliseconds) doesn’t sound right. It should have been much faster than that.

I think many times what is perceived as as the "gap" when switching amp channels has as much (or more) to do with the tone or effect difference in the amp/channel as it does with the actual channel switch time. For example, if you're going from a crystal clean amp tone to relatively dirty or high gain tone (or vice versa), there's going to be some sort of audible difference. If you've got time-based effects in the signal path, they're going to accentuate that difference. And if your scene change includes changes to the time based effects as well as the amp, it's going to be that much more noticeable. My first Fractal product was an XL+, and the little bit of latency when switching channels, scenes, or patches never bothered me at all...And I'm fairly sensitive to that latency. You do have to build your patches with the switching in mind (adjusting effect spillover appropriately, etc.), but I was perfectly happy with the XL+. The 3 is even better.

Back
Top Bottom