X-LOAD set ups

elchampion

Inspired
This is my first reactive load product so all this is new to me. I've tried running my LB-2 into the front of my XL+ and the rear input and haven't noticed much of a difference. I've set up a cab block and a reverb at the end the chain on the grid using my Fender super sonic 22 combo. Seems that 3 on the clean channel is as high I can go before it breaks up or roll back my guitar volume a bit. I have the LB-2 volume around noon to tickle the reds. How have ya'll set it up?

I've also tried it through my UA apollo using the XLR out with phantom power but it gets tricky because UA doesn't have an insert for IRs if I want to monitor latency free. For now I use the Marshall plugin and bypass the amp to use only their cab, track in logic and then use Cab-lab to find the right cab but that seems like a cumbersome work flow. Still experimenting......

So far... i've used the unbalanced signal from the LB-2 into XL's input 2 L. Create a preset starting on an FX Loop block (not connected to the input block), add a cab block and some effects, connected to output block. I set the XL's input 2 mode to Left Only.
Here's an example preset:

Attachments

• X-Load Music Man.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 14
So far... i've used the unbalanced signal from the LB-2 into XL's input 2 L. Create a preset starting on an FX Loop block (not connected to the input block), add a cab block and some effects, connected to output block. I set the XL's input 2 mode to Left Only.
Here's an example preset:
Awesome!! Can't wait to try this!

I just got an email on the X-Load. I expect that it is pretty good. The question that came to mind was if there are any plans to make a small speaker simulator to go with it. For live applications, if I was already using an Axe FX or something like it, I wouldn't mess with an amp (other than a Matrix or something similar). However, it would be nice to also have an analog rig that I can sometimes use with my Marshall, without blasting everyone out. It would be good if they had something small that would give you several different speaker simulation options. Just a thought.

I just got an email on the X-Load. I expect that it is pretty good. The question that came to mind was if there are any plans to make a small speaker simulator to go with it. For live applications, if I was already using an Axe FX or something like it, I wouldn't mess with an amp (other than a Matrix or something similar). However, it would be nice to also have an analog rig that I can sometimes use with my Marshall, without blasting everyone out. It would be good if they had something small that would give you several different speaker simulation options. Just a thought.
Check out the Mooer Radar, micro pedal that let's you load IR's and is very well priced.

Back
Top Bottom