X-LOAD LB-2 Reactive Load Box now available

LB-2_rear.jpg

When connecting the 1/4" line output to your Axe-Fx, PLEASE BE CAREFUL to plug into the correct jack. One hole to the left by mistake and FIZZAPPP!!!! That's a pretty creative way to sell more new Axe-FX Units... lol :)

I would imagine many guys will not even use or need SPKR THRU. In that case, I would tape over the SPKR jack or plug the hole somehow. I'd need to protect myself from myself.

Hope v2 has a Speakon connector instead of 1/4".
FYI Fractal - UA solves this problem by using red nuts on the speaker jacks and physically moving them to the side. If you think about it, the probability of plugging into the wrong jack on the back of the unit is quite high, especially if lightning is bad and the musician is inebriated. Red Neutrik nuts cost the same as black ones, so you might consider using them (as might the buyers - they’re less than a quarter each on Mouser or Digikey for an alteration that could save both the unit and the amp).

Had to place an order through my dealer to be on the waiting list, was told the waiting list to get a unit is about 3 months now.

The LB-2 will work fine with a solid-state power amp, but it won't juice up the tone the same as it would with a tube power amp.

I’m not sure that makes sense. If the LB-2 is designed to respond like a speaker, why would the amp type matter? That’s like saying a specific speaker wouldn’t work with a solid state amp but would work with a tube amp.
The reason I'm a little uncertain is because of the Two Notes FAQ actually. Because it states that some load boxes can't handle solid state power amps and others can. https://support.two-notes.com/knowledgebase.php?article=329

The reason I'm a little uncertain is because of the Two Notes FAQ actually. Because it states that some load boxes can't handle solid state power amps and others can. https://support.two-notes.com/knowledgebase.php?article=329
I see. Seems like a reasonable precaution then. Cliff may be the only one who can answer definitively then. But I wonder if you could measure this yourself. The issue seems to rise from load boxes where the AMP-IN sleeve is grounded. If you were to plug a dummy cable into the amp in and a dummy cable into the DC input, if you measure a short between the AMP-IN sleeve and the DC-IN tip, then maybe that's enough to conclude whether or not the sleeve is grounded.

Alternatively, maybe you could check the ground on the XLR (top left of the male connector, top right of the female connector, when looking at the front of the connector). Same deal--check to see if a DMM reads a short between the AMP-IN sleeve and the XLR ground.

This is all assuming that GND is GND is GND and there aren't any "other" GNDs. Again, Cliff would be able to provide a much better answer.

I see. Seems like a reasonable precaution then. Cliff may be the only one who can answer definitively then. But I wonder if you could measure this yourself. The issue seems to rise from load boxes where the AMP-IN sleeve is grounded. If you were to plug a dummy cable into the amp in and a dummy cable into the DC input, if you measure a short between the AMP-IN sleeve and the DC-IN tip, then maybe that's enough to conclude whether or not the sleeve is grounded.

Alternatively, maybe you could check the ground on the XLR (top left of the male connector, top right of the female connector, when looking at the front of the connector). Same deal--check to see if a DMM reads a short between the AMP-IN sleeve and the XLR ground.

This is all assuming that GND is GND is GND and there aren't any "other" GNDs. Again, Cliff would be able to provide a much better answer.

Maybe @FractalAudio can chime in? :)

couple of spelling mishaps on the prod page
"It is important to note that the X-Load LB-2 does NOT simulate the characteristic sound of a loudspeaker. This is done by routing your DI Amp signal through speaker simulation hardwarelike that found in our award-winning Axe-Fx or AX8 productsor software, like our Cab-Lab application/plugin."

Back
Top Bottom