X-LOAD LB-2 Reactive Load Box now available

This might be a dumb question, but I have to ask it anyway. The unit is made for amps up to 100 watts, correct? What if I want to use it with my triple recifiers which have 150 watts? Would I fry the loadbox or would it only be a problem if I fully crank the master volume?

This might be a dumb question, but I have to ask it anyway. The unit is made for amps up to 100 watts, correct? What if I want to use it with my triple recifiers which have 150 watts? Would I fry the loadbox or would it only be a problem if I fully crank the master volume?
As the manual states:
''The maximum power rating of the LB-2 is 100W. Do not connect any amplifier that is rated
greater than 100W to the LB-2 as this can damage the unit and/or the amp.''

Yeah, I read that myself, the question is if an amp with more than 100 watts still could be used if the volume is not cranked. It would be a shame a device like this would be completely useless if you own amps with more than 100 watts, and my rectos are not the only amps with more power.

WOW...

I just placed my order! (rejected)

Thank you FAS.

EDIT: Unfortunately my purchase was not approved because i´m not in the USA. (Fraud protection). The funny thing is that i have spent $749.99 in Fractal IRs and plugins with my CC. Bye bye X-load.

:(

Last edited:
But what if you just don't crank your amp that is rated higher than 100w?! Other load boxes that have the same restriction (like the captor) says you can use amps over 100w, just don't launch it to outer space and you wont kill the load box.

Yeah, I read that myself, the question is if an amp with more than 100 watts still could be used if the volume is not cranked. It would be a shame a device like this would be completely useless if you own amps with more than 100 watts, and my rectos are not the only amps with more power.

Yes, as long as you stay below the 100W limit which might be hard to tell.

WOW...

I just placed my order!

Thank you FAS.
Me too! :)

But what if you just don't crank your amp that is rated higher than 100w?! Other load boxes that have the same restriction (like the captor) says you can use amps over 100w, just don't launch it to outer space and you wont kill the load box.
Guess i'll find out, i know my 2203KK's sweet spot is "Master at 5"

LB-2_rear.jpg

When connecting the 1/4" line output to your Axe-Fx, PLEASE BE CAREFUL to plug into the correct jack. One hole to the left by mistake and FIZZAPPP!!!! That's a pretty creative way to sell more new Axe-FX Units... lol :)

I would imagine many guys will not even use or need SPKR THRU. In that case, I would tape over the SPKR jack or plug the hole somehow. I'd need to protect myself from myself.

Hope v2 has a Speakon connector instead of 1/4".

Back
Top Bottom