X-LOAD IR preset

Burgs

Power User
The X-LOAD Reactive Load is a relatively unsung champion in my studio. It's a simple device (to look at) but it does an amazing 'middle-man' between any given tube amp and my Axe-FX III, which hosts the IRs and effects. This preset is put together for my own purposes, but if you have an X-LOAD you may find it useful too. It's eight Scenes of different cabs with some time-based effects. You can mod them all to your taste but remember to make sure 'MUTE' is your bypass preference on the cab block's Preamp page when you're playing around or you could run into trouble in other Scenes. http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=8997

For reference, I used Scene 1 in this video with a Marshall SLP.

A backstory for those with nothing better to do than read on...
Yesterday I fired up the Marshall SV20H, their 'little' 1959SLP just for fun. It's small but deadly. And great. I have a BOSS WAZA Tube Amp Expander here. I have an X-LOAD here. The latter is the far more satisfying device for this purpose, with all due respect to my friends at Roland. There's something about the X-LOAD's ability to translate any given amp's speaker output and convert it to something perfect for the Axe's use that far surpasses the results I get from the turnkey WAZA - which, in its defense, also features serious attenuation features for live use. Anyway... I mucked about with the X-LOAD IR preset that I have permanently loaded into preset 384 of my Axe-FX III. I messed it up. I didn't save. I thought I could just load it back in from the current preset banks because it's burned in to Bank C, right? Wrong. It's not there! Yikes. Maybe I wrote it..? I'm still not sure about that ... but I sure do need it again. So, I fixed the version I had and have uploaded it to http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=8997 for safe keeping. And for you if you may need it. And if I didn't write it in the first place, thanks to whoever did! /

Back
Top Bottom