X’s New Suhr Doug Aldrich Pickup Video w/ the FX8

X-Mann

Experienced
Hey all!!!

X here & I hope everyone is still Rocking out on their Fractal FX8 units. I still love mine and use it daily.

I’ve been going through a lot of new and different pickup selections for my different Carvin/Kiesel Guitars.

I’m a fan of the Steve Stevens Bareknuckle Pickups & his “Rebel Yell” set. I love a Motor City Pickups “Hot Head” through the MT15 amp.

Here’s my fun (& not so fun) Suhr Dough Aldrich Pickup installation video into my Carvin/Kiesel CS Gold Top Guitar. This is not a true FX8 video, but a pickup install one.

Skip ahead (2:40) to get to the playing & it’s ALL Tremonti MT15 tones!!! \m/

My main rig is the PRS MT15 amp into the Fractal FX8 & it all stars with the Line 6 G10 Wireless unit.

You’ll laugh, you’ll cry & you’ll kiss 7-minutes goodbye! :rolleyes:

I’m just trying to add some FUN content here. :cool:

Please take anything I say or do here as entrainment only.....& what works for me, may not work for you!!! ;)

Peace! X-Mann

sounds good. We have similer taste My main guitar is a CS6 and I use to use BK rebel yell in the bridge until I swapped it with a MC hot head. And of course there is the FX8 in the loop .I was wondering if you were gonna have to route out the pup holes. If you were to decide to go with pup covers you will probably have to route again.
MY Kiesel like yours has the Floyd and I'm thinking about ordering another and sending them the pups I want installed to avoid the whole routing thing.

sounds good. We have similer taste My main guitar is a CS6 and I use to use BK rebel yell in the bridge until I swapped it with a MC hot head. And of course there is the FX8 in the loop .I was wondering if you were gonna have to route out the pup holes. If you were to decide to go with pup covers you will probably have to route again.
MY Kiesel like yours has the Floyd and I'm thinking about ordering another and sending them the pups I want installed to avoid the whole routing thing.
Hey Tim (Great Name too) ;)

Yes, we sound like twins here for sure! Lol

I have a Motor City “Hot Head” in my Carvin/Kiesel GH24 Greg Howe Guitar & its turned that guitar into a whole new instrument for me! I had feedback issues in the past due to the chambered body & was almost ready to sell it.

My Jet Black Raw Tone CS Kiesel always sounded good, but imas a HUGE Steve Stevens fan.....I’ve lusted over the Rebel Yell set form Bareknuckle pickups. I just never wanted to spend the cash on them, but am so glad that I did.

The Suhr Aldrich set has fixed my Carvin Gold-Top & my new Thornbucker set just arrived last night too.

It’s taken me several attempts to get good at putting in my own pickups.....but I’m getting dangerous with a soldering Iron now. :rolleyes:

X

Photo%20Feb%2010%2C%206%2026%2036%20PM.jpg

Back
Top Bottom