Wrecker

Yea, trying out new stuff has been a blast. I've always played Fender amps in the analog world, but turns out Voxes are just awesome- I probably wouldn't have bothered to try one without having access to one in the Axe. It has ended my amp GAS.

Yea, trying out new stuff has been a blast. I've always played Fender amps in the analog world, but turns out Voxes are just awesome- I probably wouldn't have bothered to try one without having access to one in the Axe. It has ended my amp GAS.

For sure.

I was on the fence for a while because I'm not much for tweaking. But I've found I usually just adjust BMT and flip through some different cabs.

I generally find a few amps and just stick with them.. I don't branch out as much as I should. Love the fender/vox sounds. The ac-30, suhr-badger, bassman, and super reverb have been my goto's lately. Wrecker has been added to that list.

Yea, those are my usual suspects as well. If
You like the Wrecker, try out Buttery as well. Based on a Budda- some of the same vibe going on. It's a great sounding model.

Yea, those are my usual suspects as well. If
You like the Wrecker, try out Buttery as well. Based on a Budda- some of the same vibe going on. It's a great sounding model.

+1
I prefer the Buttery.

I spend most of my time on the Plexi 2, JTM45 and Mark 2c+ sims. Tried the wrecker as well... wow! If nothing more, it's a very fun sound to play. Could fit tonally between my gained out plexi and a cleaner JTM45. Yek - what do you like more about the Buttery? It felt like it shifts the mids from lower mids to upper mids compared to the wrecker. is that a fair comparison? Also, gang, what's your cabinet of choice with these two models?

I spend most of my time on the Plexi 2, JTM45 and Mark 2c+ sims. Tried the wrecker as well... wow! If nothing more, it's a very fun sound to play. Could fit tonally between my gained out plexi and a cleaner JTM45. Yek - what do you like more about the Buttery? It felt like it shifts the mids from lower mids to upper mids compared to the wrecker. is that a fair comparison? Also, gang, what's your cabinet of choice with these two models?

IMO Buttery has more body, Wrecker is thinner.

Cab: G12M, G12H.

Back
Top Bottom