WOW! Recabinet!!

FractalAudio said:
Anyone know how to get in touch with that Recabinet guy?

BTW, seems like Axe-Fx users are there biggest customer. :mrgreen:

When you unzip the program they got a huge folder of IR's for the Axe-Fx in there.

So what's the overall consensus of the Recabs... just more variety or are they better. I know $40 is a good price but I use mostly Claws, Jays and bmi's and am pretty satisfied.... And I don't have near the time some of you guys have to experiment... but if it's worth it for even one or two of them I'd get the recabs.

I tried the demo a week or so ago.... wasnt too impressed. The cabs sounded kinda dark and compressed to me.... wish they made these IR's the right way for the axe-fx i.e no tube poweramp included in the IR.

After hearing quite a few people are liking them with the axe i think ill give the cabs another shot tomorrow...maybe i missed something?

I'm playing with IR actually...and i will upload new ones...end remove bad ones.

IMO the Mesa V2 and the Bogner V2 are really great, check it if you didn't.
The new Bassman cabs too.

Next to come G12T75 and new G12h30 with one really excellent.

Cam said:
So what's the overall consensus of the Recabs... just more variety or are they better. I know $40 is a good price but I use mostly Claws, Jays and bmi's and am pretty satisfied.... And I don't have near the time some of you guys have to experiment... but if it's worth it for even one or two of them I'd get the recabs.

As with everything...it's a matter of subjective preference (official caveat ;) )
Personally, it has ended up being just more variety for me. I have found 2-3 cabs in in there that I am using regularly, but I could have completed the tone i was looking for with something stock from the AxeFx or one of the Ir's from Claw, Jay or bmi.....but that's just me. I could probably find a few more in there if I wanted to spend more time digging thru- I got what i needed when i needed it-.

Still to open-ended an answer to your question.
I like the cabinets. Personally, I dont care how they were processed- I like the sound of the cabinets I selected, so i use them....and because I am using them, they are worth the $40 to me.
These, IMO, are complimentary to what's already available and offer cabinets which sound different to the others I've used.

Cliff cured my G.A.S :twisted: when i purchased the AxeFx...so I had a few extra bucks to lay down on the Recabinet bundle- worth it to me for the cabs i am using.

I bought recabinet too.
I like the cabs very much.
No better or worse than the axefx or clawfingers or Jays cabs.
Just more choice.
Its a bit like before the axefx I bought loads of drive pedals, just for the choice.
This is a lot less expensive :)

Thanks for the feedback and support!

I'm the "Recabinet guy" and I'm very reachable - probably the best way is through the Recabinet Forums. :cool:

As for the questions: there's 3 big things we're working on for the forthcoming Recabinet updates, which are free for registered users:

• Brighter, more dynamic sound.[/*:m:36cqrue6]
  • New AxeFX specific impulses done with an Earthworks M30 reference mic and solid state power.[/*:m:36cqrue6]
  • More cabinets![/*:m:36cqrue6]

Additionally, we'll be coming out with a second product in 2009, Recabinet Vintage, which will be a collection of vintage combo amp and open-back cabinet impulse responses.

We're very excited about the positive feedback we've gotten from the AxeFX community, and we will continue to support the AxeFX more fully over time.

Rock on Kazrog...

Me likey my purchase so far (I have been using a few with my ADA Mp1 and Altiverb as well as my Ultra)...and this all sounds great...keep up the good work. Can't wait.

Kazrog said:
Thanks for the feedback and support!

I'm the "Recabinet guy" and I'm very reachable - probably the best way is through the Recabinet Forums. :cool:

As for the questions: there's 3 big things we're working on for the forthcoming Recabinet updates, which are free for registered users:

• Brighter, more dynamic sound.[/*:m:2ve011lh]
  • New AxeFX specific impulses done with an Earthworks M30 reference mic and solid state power.[/*:m:2ve011lh]
  • More cabinets![/*:m:2ve011lh]

Additionally, we'll be coming out with a second product in 2009, Recabinet Vintage, which will be a collection of vintage combo amp and open-back cabinet impulse responses.

We're very excited about the positive feedback we've gotten from the AxeFX community, and we will continue to support the AxeFX more fully over time.

Is there a discount for current recab customers?

GuitarDojo said:
Is there a discount for current recab customers?

There will be substantial discount pricing on Recabinet Vintage for current Recabinet customers, yes. Details will be announced in 2009. :cool:

Kazrog said:
To be honest, I have no idea what "farfield 1024" is. I have just googled it and come up with nothing that makes any sense.

Kazrog - please do a search on "farfield" within the fractal forum. You will see that although more difficult, placing the mic farther away from the speaker when capturing the IR is a great benefit. Perhaps Jay M. can give a little lesson here since he has posted 2 great farfield IRs in my opinion. 1024 is just the resolution (double what it was when the Axe first came out).

Kazrog - If you do have input into what the product will contain, please pay attention to what Jay says. I consistantly gravitate towards his farfield IRs.

I am the lead developer so I have the first and final say on everything in the product. You guys are a major part of our market, so we are building the AxeFX library in Recabinet specifically for you! :cool:

I have a question about the farfield technique: What distance (in terms of feet, approximate) is recommended? We have the room and the ability in the studio to accommodate almost any distance without reflection problems, we can also set up baffles if needed to avoid an overly "roomy" tone. I'm sure I can guess as to what would be best, and from an acoustics perspective this makes a great deal of sense, but I am just curious as to what has sounded the best in practice on the AxeFX.

Thanks!

Kazrog said:
I am the lead developer so I have the first and final say on everything in the product. You guys are a major part of our market, so we are building the AxeFX library in Recabinet specifically for you! :cool:

I have a question about the farfield technique: What distance (in terms of feet, approximate) is recommended? We have the room and the ability in the studio to accommodate almost any distance without reflection problems, we can also set up baffles if needed to avoid an overly "roomy" tone. I'm sure I can guess as to what would be best, and from an acoustics perspective this makes a great deal of sense, but I am just curious as to what has sounded the best in practice on the AxeFX.

Thanks!

Jay, perhaps some "farfield schooling" from you to Kazrog, with most of us listening would benefit the entire community ....

Kazrog said:

Thanks!

With the farfield the goal was always to get an "amp in the room" feel.
So the placement of the mic was like where you would normally stand in front of an amp.
About 6 feet away, a little off center and a 2-3 feet above the amp.
As far as I understand "room" is not a problem because 1024 IR's (21ms) are too short to include room reflections.

Again, Jay can probably help the most here.

Happy customer here, can't wait for the Vintage stuff (right up my alley)

;)

AndrewSimon said:
Kazrog said:

Thanks!

With the farfield the goal was always to get an "amp in the room" feel.
So the placement of the mic was like where you would normally stand in front of an amp.
About 6 feet away, a little off center and a 2-3 feet above the amp.
As far as I understand "room" is not a problem because 1024 IR's (21ms) are too short to include room reflections.

Again, Jay can probably help the most here.

Happy customer here, can't wait for the Vintage stuff (right up my alley)

;)

Great, thanks! I figured your answer would be something along these lines. We're spending a lot of time on R&D, testing, etc., so by the time we release anything it is always tested thoroughly. This approach challenges a lot of the common assumptions about guitar tone, and I think it has the potential to change the way that records are made.

Kazrog said:

Hummm....!

http://www.guitarampmodeling.com/viewto ... 025#p24025

bmi said:
Kazrog said:

Hummm....!

Not sure what that thread has to do with this specific topic, but I have just posted in the thread and addressed some of the issues people have brought up. We anticipated that this kind of feedback would most likely happen after releasing Recabinet, and it's really not bothersome (some of it is actually hilarious.) Constructive criticism helps us make a better product, and vague FUD doesn't hurt us, since anyone can download the free demo and develop their own opinion. :)

Kazrog said:
bmi said:
Kazrog said:

Hummm....!

Not sure what that thread has to do with this specific topic, but I have just posted in the thread and addressed some of the issues people have brought up. We anticipated that this kind of feedback would most likely happen after releasing Recabinet, and it's really not bothersome (some of it is actually hilarious.) Constructive criticism helps us make a better product, and vague FUD doesn't hurt us, since anyone can download the free demo and develop their own opinion. :)

You don't see what i mean??
I think that you have to applied yourself criticism before to release a product. There are a lot of IRs availbale on internet and if you need customer to know if your own sound better i find that curious.
If you need to ask customers how to put a mic before a cab or how your IR sound with the Axe Fx...idem.
It seems that you don't have an Axe FX to test them, so why did you release them?

Sorry but as you said everybody can download your demo and will make his own opinion, i have given mine. You have to provide better stuff.

Back
Top Bottom