Wow! New EHX midi mod project for B9, C9, Mel9 etc

Ant Music

Fractal Fanatic
Hi guys. I've come across an indiegogo campaign to develop a mod for the EHX x9 range of pedals (including the b9, c9, Key9, Mel9 & Synth9). This looks amazing and I've already jumped in as a backer. It would be amazing to have full midi control of your x9 pedal. I want to get my Mel9 modded and also get a Key9 with the midi mod. The guy behind it has done midi mods for a bunch of other EHX pedals such as the POG, Ravish Sitar, Cathedral Reverb and others, so he knows what he's doing.

Anyway, get in there and check it out. Don't be shy, make a pledge and help to make this happen.

Yeah nah. The whole point of Fractal, our reason for being here together in this digital place, is to not have to buy into pedals and amps and cabs and this and that, and for the community to share their ideas about how to get those sounds of of their AX-FX(X). The only piece of external gear I've bought since 2012 is a Peterson Tuner. I have no need for an EHX pedal, much less to kickstart a mod for it.

Yeah nah. The whole point of Fractal, our reason for being here together in this digital place, is to not have to buy into pedals and .....

That might be the whole point for you but you don't speak for every Fractal user.

I don't use EHX pedals myself but I still find there are pedals out there that do specific things that the Axe FX doesn't and I see no reason to rain on someone elses' parade because I don't personally have a use for what they are excited about. This forum is full of guitar players of all types using Fractal gear both on it's own and in conjunction with other gear that they happen to like. More power to them.

I just bought a Plus pedal last week as it happens as it can do stuff I can't get the Axe Looper to do (and I've tried!).

That might be the whole point for you but you don't speak for every Fractal user.

I don't use EHX pedals myself but I still find there are pedals out there that do specific things that the Axe FX doesn't and I see no reason to rain on someone elses' parade because I don't personally have a use for what they are excited about. This forum is full of guitar players of all types using Fractal gear both on it's own and in conjunction with other gear that they happen to like. More power to them.
I didn't say I spoke for anyone else but me. Don't make assumptions.

The mod I would be most interested in is in the one that allows my B9 to combine the sound of all of them. I was so pissed at the time after getting the B9 when EHX kept releasing one after the other. I want the One Pedal, that in the Darkness binds them! After that any added MIDI functionality would just be icing on the cake.

The mod I would be most interested in is in the one that allows my B9 to combine the sound of all of them. I was so pissed at the time after getting the B9 when EHX kept releasing one after the other. I want the One Pedal, that in the Darkness binds them! After that any added MIDI functionality would just be icing on the cake.
I agree. They have some mothership type pedals where they have combined the capabilities of various pedals and this would be a prime candidate for that. A couple of functions I would add to this technology is the ability to quantize the pitch to really nail in keyboard sounds as well as some input compression. But yes Midi would be amazing.

I agree. They have some mothership type pedals where they have combined the capabilities of various pedals and this would be a prime candidate for that. A couple of functions I would add to this technology is the ability to quantize the pitch to really nail in keyboard sounds as well as some input compression. But yes Midi would be amazing.

Think of the outrage though if they did do a mothership type pedal, from all the users who bought the whole range of pedals? ;)

The development of MIDI control for C9 / Mel9 / Key9 / B9 / Synth9 / Bass9 finished before many months, it is possible to get pedal with MIDI embedd or get the MIDI control (module) and embedd it yourself ;) Microdesignum has webpage eshop or you can see on youtube real working B9 with MIDI control.

Back
Top Bottom