Wow! Never seen so much Whining and Crying. Lets get a grip on this!

Give me a break.

I was never the one that said I was going to sue! You need to learn how to read. If you would learn you would have seen that I thought suing him was stupid.

Nevertheless think of me as an asshole all you want, I simply do not agree with your views.

Why even bother to post if my posting bugs you so much? I guess you just think I am somehow Cliffs enemy because I was wondering about a post he made. It is you who needs to get off the pot!

The "Sue, don't sue ... bitch, don't bitch" was just pretty much a statement lumping you in with the droners. I wasn't necessarily saying you wanted to do this personally ... except the bitching part. The main point of my post was "What difference does it make? This is wasted energy really." Waste away grasshopper.

I like you. You're funny.

Last edited:
The "Sue, don't sue ... bitch, don't bitch" was just pretty much a statement lumping you in with the droners. I wasn't necessarily saying you did this personally ... except the bitching part.

I like you. You're funny.

Gee so if I don't agree with you you mock me? Great.

In the first place you may learn when you get off this board that there are people who may not agree with your view.

And I was not bitching I was asking a question, if you cannot see that I feel sorry for you.

It amazes me how much time people spend on attacking someone who simply has another point of view.

Uh...I was making a joke about the movie "Spaceballs" which is where the other guy got the word "Schwartz". It's a movie reference...had nothing to do with you or your views or whatever...just a funny post about the "Schwartz" from "Spaceballs"

Chill the H$%# out.

Last edited:
Gee so if I don't agree with you you mock me? Great.

In the first place you may learn when you get off this board that there are people who may not agree with your view.

And I was not bitching I was asking a question, if you cannot see that I feel sorry for you.

Sorry man, stopped caring about 10 minutes ago. Good luck.

Uh...I was making a joke about the movie "Spaceballs" which is where the other guy got the word "Schwartz". It's a movie reference...had nothing to do with you or your views or whatever...just a funny post about the "Schwartz" from "Spaceballs"

Chill the H$%# out.

Sorry dude my mistake! I just got upset by being ganged up on by some of the assholes on this board.

It's cool...look man...right or wrong, this is still a public forum and no one EVER "wins" anything on a public forum. Send an email to Fractal expressing your concerns/questions and take it from there with Fractal DIRECTLY. Arguing on a forum very rarely EVER solves anything or changes anyone's mind...it just turns into ad hominem attacks...exactly like this one has.

The problem I have with all of this is that people who recently purchased an AxeFX have the right to a gutted that a new product just got launched, that's just a natural feeling. The problem is posting it a million times in the forum and saying that it's bad business practice etc... It just isn't a new product was announced, it happens all the time in the world.

There always had to be a day, a point in time, that the product was announced and there would have been people who still purchased a new or second-hand unit the preceding week, you see, it doesn't matter when Cliff would have told us, someone would have been in the same position.... Those saying that they should have given 15 days notice of a new product, he gave you 10 days with the countdown, why 15 it might make a difference to you but not to those who purchased units 20 days ago, it's just selfish behaviour....

Anyway I'm going to go and play my Ultra, which sounds the best it ever did with v11.

Spence

Spence, what criticism would you offer of my suggestion in post 18 on page 2 of this thread? How would it have gone badly if done that way?

Spence, what criticism would you offer of my suggestion in post 18 on page 2 of this thread? How would it have gone badly if done that way?

It's a fair comment, my question would be, when would you have released this statement into the public domain? 10 days before the product was actually ready, 1 month, 6 months a year.... either way when the new unit turns up for sale people would still be pissed, as I say it's human nature but I just think it's better to deal with it privately instead of going AWOL on a public forum....

I know of people who have tried to email fractal over the questions of an axe fx and never heard back a word.

But regardless, it is that much of a threat to people on this board that they have to attack someone because they have questions? Or gang up on them?

I really don't like the Gang mentality I have felt here.

I did nothing to deserve that , but some think they have to gang up on someone just to make themselves feel better.

To those I say screw them.

The only time I have seen this tow the party line is in a communist country. Last time I checked I was living in the US.

It's a fair comment, my question would be, when would you have released this statement into the public domain? 10 days before the product was actually ready, 1 month, 6 months a year.... either way when the new unit turns up for sale people would still be pissed, as I say it's human nature but I just think it's better to deal with it privately instead of going AWOL on a public forum....

Three to six months is what I would go with. Depends on the supply/demand situation. If the supply was close to meeting the demand, or was exceeding it, then 3 months. If the demand was exceeding the supply (which appears to have been the case) then closer to 6 months. The further ahead you make the announcement, the greater the negation of potential resentment. But announcing it too far ahead could lead to a significant enough dent in sales that it would be a bad idea. It's easy to speculate as an outsider, but I would think it would be even easier to crunch the numbers and time it appropriately with actual knowledge of the potential rates of production and observed trends in rates of purchase.

@ xpenno, you say that we were given a 10 day warning with the countdown, but we were not!

We did not know what the countdown was for. If we had of known that it may have been different. I agree with Scott, I think a few months would have been about right....even if it was a vauge warning it would have been better than nothing.

No worries for me though I love my ultra and am going to enjoy it for a year. after that we will see if I upgrade or not.

Last edited:
Three to six months is what I would go with. Depends on the supply/demand situation. If the supply was close to meeting the demand, or was exceeding it, then 3 months. If the demand was exceeding the supply (which appears to have been the case) then closer to 6 months. The further ahead you make the announcement, the greater the negation of potential resentment. But announcing it too far ahead could lead to a significant enough dent in sales that it would be a bad idea. It's easy to speculate as an outsider, but I would think it would be even easier to crunch the numbers and time it appropriately with actual knowledge of the potential rates of production and observed trends in rates of purchase.

Ok, so me and 50 others have just bought second hand/b-stock AxeFX's 6 months and 5 days ago. We're still pissed, right? We still want the latest tech and we've been told that it's between 1 day and a year away... OMG OMG OMG, people still dump their Standard's and Ultra's so the used price goes temporarily through the floor. Cliff get's a million email per day asking "are we're nearly there yet?" or " Dear Cliff, should I sell my old AxeFX now, you haven't told me when the new product is out yet so I don't know if I should or not" or "Dear Cliff, I sold my AxeFX when you said there was a new product going to be released within the next year, it's now 3 month later and still no sign of the product. I no longer have an AxeFX so what am I supposed to do?" You get the idea....

I imagine that when cliff announced the MFC, 2 years before it went for sale he had to deal with a load of shit from people, he learned from those mistakes and now he's getting shit again, it just goes to show that you can't please everyone all the time. I think your idea might have helped make some people feel better but may have pissed off others.

This is a debate that can't be won, what's happened has happened and can't be changed, Cliff has no obligation to make people feel better about purchasing a new AxeFX, it's still an awesome unit that will do most people proud.

@ xpenno, you say that we were given a 10 day warning with the countdown, but we were not!

We did not know what the countdown was for. If we had of known that it may have been different. I agree with Scott, I think a few months would have been about right....even if it was a vauge warning it would have been better than nothing.

No worries for me though I love my ultra and am going to enjoy it for a year. after that we will see if I upgrade or not.

We knew something was being released, if I'd have been in the market for an AxeFX during that 10 day period you can bet that I would have waited to find out what it was before spending my cash, each to their own I guess. I'm glad to hear that you are happy with your AxeFX though, I know I love mine and have done for many years :)

This is a debate that can't be won

And this is the truth. For the guys that only just got their units, I feel for you, seriously, it's a case of bad luck.

I also understand what a (rather small) company has to do to proceed and survive.

But there's nothing to gain with these ongoing, repeated discussions, here on the Fractal forum itself.
Continuing complaining and - in some cases - threatening and saying "They lied" - won't help you whatsoever and will only prolong your emotional state.

If you can't deal with it, simple: don't do business with Fractal anymore and move along.

If you want to continue to use Fractal products, bite the bullet and move along.

Really, there's nothing to win here.

First, I don't think people commenting on other people's comments makes any sense at all. If somebody wants to complain, let them. As long as they don't cross the evil line.

But this same situation happenened when I bought my last Bogner Shiva, I bought a new one, had it modded by Bogner with the boost volume, and then 2 months later the "new" Shivas comes out with the bright switches and boost volumes on them ... so I blew a bunch of money. Bogner did not tell me about this when I spent $100 on shipping plus the money for the mods, even though it was obviously in the release stage. Boo Hoo. I didn't like it, but there was nobody to complain to. My point being it is Ok to complain, but like the OP said, keep it in perspective. Cliff doesn't know any of us, he has no vendetta against anybody, and unless we are all braindead you had to figure someday he would announce a new product was coming out.

I am keeping the Ultra and buying the Axe II when it comes out. I am not rich. But I will also use the Ultra for a long time after buying the Axe II, since I am going to have to learn the new unit and recreate my presets. So maybe you are lucky if you just bought the Ultra ... you don't have 70 fine-tuned presets you now have to redo from scratch like me. Either way, man up and save your pennies.

Back
Top Bottom