Wow, Just Realized Amp blocks were bypassed on a couple of factory presets

Jul

Inspired
Had to mention this because I've been perplexed for at least a year now why my Bassman 65 preset had so little volume relative to the 59 Bassman AND the AC30 Top Boost Preset was also significantly lower in volume than the AC 15 just previous to it on the AXE FX.

Not too proud to say that the mystery was finally solved just now as I once again went into the respective AMP Blocks on the Layout screen to see what could be adjusted ( ie Master Vol., Input, Drive, etc,...) Soon after I noticed that the " Bypassed" word flashed in place of the AMP word periodically.

Now, its probably worthwhile to say that I have had previous experience with this for FX bypassing / engage prior to recently getting an MFC 101.
- But of for the life of me would have never intentionally Bypassed an AMP Block.
Pressing the "FX Bypass" solved the anomaly - these two are now "killer" presets (especially the AC 30 Top Boost ... loud as hell !)

Once again I feel stupid (yet relieved) . A sort of Pyrrhic victory in a way.

Hope this helps someone that may have unknowingly befallen a similar incidence of this nature.

Must say that I'm surprised any sound was coming out at all with the AMP block in Bypass mode!

All in all - I am having a blast. V14 is quite awesome... I just now enjoyed 2 hours of inspired Bliss playing hooky from work with this magic box of tricks through a pair of Alto TS 12's (FR/FR style).
Surprisingly, the Alto's are still holding up well after 2 years of jamming & gigging - No complaints there.

Best Regards to all within the Fractal Community; this technology and fellowship is a major source of happiness !

Back
Top Bottom