WOW! Is it just me or have prices sky rocketed on gear?

I was just at the Davenport, Iowa Guitar Center and they had a Vintage Arbiter Fuzz Face for $1500. Sometimes I think about how I never have to buy another pedal again and it's such a a relief.

Last edited:
Interesting, I just believed the book without checking, and you're right, it's not a huge edge.

It is an edge, one no competitor would throw away, but as with most things, the variation in individual people completely swamps any generalizations, even true-ish ones.

Kind of interesting to think how 1 or 2 % might not make much of a difference in the general population,
but at the level of a professional athlete it can make ALL the difference.

Not nice of a fellow Canadian to be fudging the "truth" like that about Canada's nation-wide religion. :)

Looks like the NHL itself thought enough of it to formulate a response.

https://www.nhl.com/stars/news/outliers-a-myth/c-677844

But yeah, gear is expensive. I have stayed away from buying anything for the last year or so.
Well... I shouldn't have written this. I just bought another guitar. I was looking for a carbon fiber acoustic travel guitar. Used prices on reverb were around 650, saw one on Amazon used for 460. I couldn't pass it up. I never thought to look at Amazon for used gear, but I guess I should! Used stuff there seemed to be more in line with pre COVID used prices. For anyone interested it was a Lava ME2 3/4 scale acoustic. Hopefully it will be decent!

The only cure for hi inflation is to become less of a consumer.
It's not even just electronics. Guitar prices are nuts too. I just the other day told my ES-335 "you're lucky you're so nice to play."
Everything is going up in price, blamed on COVID and yeah I am sure there are valid reason's why however as mentioned on here elsewhere, I doubt the prices will come down.

I guess I'm lucky in that my real weakness is used G&L stuff- prices have gone up a little, but not a ton, for what are pretty well made guitars. Good luck reselling though!

Back
Top Bottom