Wow, Headrush company is acting creepy

Admiral

I simply tried to order the pedalboard from Canada as an American from NY working here. This is what I got : I called I called the inmusic head office and spoke with**. I was told no, we wont ship, no we dont care and we are not supporting the product or making anymore. Dont buy it , we dont care. Pass that on. Just fyi.

Wow. There stuff doesnt belong plugged into my SSL Or my respect. I'm blown away.

I'm simply here to find what I can work with while I track. Looks like there is a awesome community here . Axe fx may may be more $ but I'm guessing I'm not going to be insulted for considering buying the product. Cheers all.

R.

Sorry, I've just never been treated so poorly when I'm spending my money. SSL, neve, genelec, atc, avid , yes avid, dont behave like that in a professional environment. I'm not used to it. Sorry for being bitchy. Anyway, hi all. I'm looking forward to my first axe fx unit.

I assume you're talking about the HeadRush PedalBoard, which was based on the Eleven Rack from Avid/Digidesign.

The Eleven Rack had some interesting stuff. I had one. However, once I got an Axe Ultra (its contemporary), it was pretty clear which unit was superior. The Eleven's only particular advantage at that time was that it had a computer interface and Pro Tools (LE 8, I think).

I gave my Eleven Rack and the software to a friend a few years ago because he needed a copy of Pro Tools; by that time, I was already on an Axe FX II, a far superior unit. I think Avid probably gave up on the Eleven and either licensed or sold the technology to Akai. It could be said that Avid gave up long before that - while the Axe FX Ultra and II had update after update, for FREE, adding features, amps, improved modeling, and other goodies, I can remember exactly one update from Avid that you had to BUY and offered, well, not much.

As demonstrated by that behavior, Avid wasn't committed at the level necessary to own the market; and I think Akai probably looked around at the market and decided they were just too far behind.

Of course, if Avid licensed the technology instead of selling it outright, that throws a whole political wrench into the works. But I am speculating here as I don't know the details. Very likely someone on this forum does and can correct/illuminate us.

P.S. The Axe III + FC combo is light years ahead of the Eleven. I think it's stellar; though I still have tube amps and pedals, I wouldn't carry either to a rehearsal or gig anymore. There's no reason to do so. Enjoy and welcome to the club.

Last edited:
inmusic seems to be the parent company. usually the manufacturer doesn't sell directly to the customer.

i still see the product sold at sweetwater, musicians friend, etc.

you tried to order directly from headrush?

Reactions: JTI
Correct. I have credit at sweetwater, but I cant purchase the hr pedelboard and have it shipped to me. Meh, matters not. Prolly would have been a bad choice from my current experience from them and the distro. Not sweetwaters fault. I'll just mic up the rectos again and go from there. No biggy. It's more about customer service and support whether it be $1 or $10,000.

I assume you're talking about the HeadRush PedalBoard, which was based on the Eleven Rack from Avid/Digidesign.

The Eleven Rack had some interesting stuff. I had one. However, once I got an Axe Ultra (its contemporary), it was pretty clear which unit was superior. The Eleven's only particular advantage at that time was that it had a computer interface and Pro Tools (LE 8, I think).

I gave my Eleven Rack and the software to a friend a few years ago because he needed a copy of Pro Tools; by that time, I was already on an Axe FX II, a far superior unit. I think Avid probably gave up on the Eleven and either licensed or sold the technology to Akai. It could be said that Avid gave up long before that - while the Axe FX Ultra and II had update after update, for FREE, adding features, amps, improved modeling, and other goodies, I can remember exactly one update from Avid that you had to BUY and offered, well, not much.

As demonstrated by that behavior, Avid wasn't committed at the level necessary to own the market; and I think Akai probably looked around at the market and decided they were just too far behind.

Of course, if Avid licensed the technology instead of selling it outright, that throws a whole political wrench into the works. But I am speculating here as I don't know the details. Very likely someone on this forum does and can correct/illuminate us.

P.S. The Axe III + FC combo is light years ahead of the Eleven. I think it's stellar; though I still have tube amps and pedals, I wouldn't carry either to a rehearsal or gig anymore. There's no reason to do so. Enjoy and welcome to the club.
I think you nailed it. Akai sells cheap turntables now under a pro label made out of plywood. The parent company is selling names. My guess anyway.

Sorry, I've just never been treated so poorly when I'm spending my money. SSL, neve, genelec, atc, avid , yes avid, dont behave like that in a professional environment. I'm not used to it. Sorry for being bitchy. Anyway, hi all. I'm looking forward to my first axe fx unit.
SSL, Neve, Genelec......

How a head rush could be in that lineup, I have, no idea.
You’re in the right place now though.

Welcome!

SSL, Neve, Genelec......

How a head rush could be in that lineup, I have, no idea.

You’re in the right place now though.

Welcome!

I picture a Pretty Woman Julia Roberts character telling the tRetail clerk what a big mistake she made not helping her earlier lol

Wow, there is nothing on their website indicating that they've stopped producing or supporting Headrush. Are you sure you didn't just get some disgruntled employee on the line?

DD has always been that way. All the way back to the "_"Box. Anything they touch usually reeks of poor atteytude or autotune. Take your pick.

Funny too, first words out of K's mouth @N2020 as well. Well in my book, that eliminates you right off the bat. And yes it's "My" book. You gotta problem wit dat? <g>

Back
Top Bottom