Wound up going with FC6 over the 12 and am pleasantly surprised

Ziyan

I've had my heart set on the FC12 since getting my 3 last spring, and moreso after seeing the example layouts.

With gigs and rehearsals ramping up for the year, I really needed a foot controller, so bit the bullet on the 6 thinking I would upgrade to the 12 down the line

It arrived yesterday....but I don't know if I need to get the 12 anymore.

The 6 is seriously capable. Switching layouts is super easy, and the assignments/multiple functions per button area so well thought out. I can access almost anything I need very quickly and without having to really read the manual.

Mileage may vary depending on your workflow obviously. It definitely would be nice to have 10 presets/8 scenes/all the effects accessible at a given time, but for my needs, this seems like it'll do the trick, plus it'll fit the pedalboard with expression pedals + a few slots to spare for certain must-have pedals (Meris Enzo, Ottobit, Keeley Bubbletron).

I'm really impressed at how intuitive and powerful this unit is.

------------------------------------------------------
Strandberg Guitars Spark Lead

Last edited:
I love seeing posts like this. My FC-6 should arrive early next week and I'm looking forward to reinventing my rig. I'm still running my XL+/MFC for shows and plan to just start from scratch on the AFX III/FC-6. As a bonus, the smaller footprint of the FC-6 will let me fit a third expression pedal on the board.

So encouraged to hear this. My FC-6 arrived today and will be used this weekend. Can’t wait to put it to use.

This has been my experience as well. I was planning on getting an FC-12 but grabbed an FC-6 since my name came up on the list. I don't think people realize how flexible the FCs are, how easy they are to configure, and how much can really be accomplished with just six buttons.

I was really surprised once I was able to actually start playing around with the FC-6 and see for myself just in how many ways I can customize the FC workflow to my liking.

I am really glad that you all are praising the FC6 capabilities --- I got an invite to purchase one yesterday and hesitated for a few hours - then I finally pulled the trigger. It shipped today and I will get it next week.

I got my invite for the FC-6 last week...but not sure which would be more beneficial for my needs.

I think the 12 will do nicely but the extra real estate is what’s the lure for the 6 if the 6’s limitation is negligible.

I don’t have the luxury to get both unfortunately....

These posts are helpful and videos!

More videos pls that show a basic typical scenario for live applications (if there is such a thing lol)

Similarly impressed with the 6 after rehearsal and 2 gigs. One of the reasons I use Fractal gear is to avoid carting around an amp and a 3 ft wide pedal board that takes up far too much space on the small stages I play (for the controller and 2 expression pedals)!

I plan to have 3 or maybe even 4 expression pedals, so I ordered the FC-6 for now. Hopefully it can do everything I need so that I don't need the bulk of the FC-12

probably better for you to describe your typical scenario, upload some presets, etc.

Maybe a couple sample videos playing a tune:

Sample 1

Navigate to a bank
Select a preset
Use scenes
Switch to stomp box mode
Activate rotary (or other stomp)
Back to scenes
...etc

Sample 2 ???

I got my invite for the FC-6 last week...but not sure which would be more beneficial for my needs.

I think the 12 will do nicely but the extra real estate is what’s the lure for the 6 if the 6’s limitation is negligible.

I don’t have the luxury to get both unfortunately....

These posts are helpful and videos!

More videos pls that show a basic typical scenario for live applications (if there is such a thing lol)

Between Chris and myself I am pretty sure there are 6 or 8 videos showing its capabilities..... Check em out;)

Between Chris and myself I am pretty sure there are 6 or 8 videos showing its capabilities..... Check em out;)

Hoping to see actual use playing a tune and switching scenes, fx, layouts maybe...etc ..during the course of an actual song.

So as to get a good idea of the "extra work" the FC-6 would have over the 12 and if negligible.

Hoping to see actual use playing a tune and switching scenes, fx, layouts maybe...etc ..during the course of an actual song.

So as to get a good idea of the "extra work" the FC-6 would have over the 12 and if negligible.

I guess that would be based solely on how each person designs their own preset. My presets are made up of 5 scenes max for any song I do, all of which I can access with 3 IA switches.

I guess that would be based solely on how each person designs their own preset. My presets are made up of 5 scenes max for any song I do, all of which I can access with 3 IA switches.

That right there pretty much sums it up. As every player is different, you'll want to set it up differently. For instance, I only play in one band that does mostly covers and a few originals. For the most part, we do covers "our way" and not always note for note (we try to capture the essence of the song though). As a result, I use 1 patch for a show and have a couple scenes that I switch through for 2 songs. Most everything else is just a matter of selecting the right drive (if any) and then toggling my boost when needed.

If I were to play in multiple bands, I would like to think I would still take a similar approach and use 1 patch per show, but as is common to say, YMMV. Keep in mind, I had every intent of getting both the FC-6 and FC-12 and running both together, but took up the offer on the 6 while I could. After getting it all setup, I've decided to just run with the FC-6. No need for an FC-12 here.

Back
Top Bottom