Would you really ditch your tube amp for an FRFR monitor?

Over there years, there have been many flavor of the months, this is sure to continue. I didn't say 10 have come out after CLR, I was meaning before, yes there has been a bunch. there will always be better, go up in price, and you'll stomp the clr. Why stop at it's price?

you must have a clr right? A good player can make anything sound good.
Of course you can dial most anything in to sound good, but that doesn't mean that something can't be the best of the bunch. I've had quite a few different speakers, made them all work in varying degrees, CLR is definitely the best of the bunch, has been since it dropped, don't see anything knocking it off anytime soon.

I think it depends on your priorities ... what is more important to you, how you sound FOH or how you sound from your vantage point onstage? Once you learn to trust that your sound will be translated perfectly to the audience through FOH, then your monitoring is exactly that ... monitoring. You never have to grab a knob or flick the bright switch etc. to adjust for stage acoustics, you turn up the FRFR so you can hear yourself and you know your tone is perfect front of house. The "in the room" sound doesn't really mean much if you are playing live. The FRFR is a great, trouble-free solution where you can just concentrate on your playing and not worry about anything else. I've been playing FRFR for 8 years now and my guitar always sounds right on the recordings.

Most say they are great. I will eventually get one (or two)....
I had two ASM-12's on order..one shipped yesterday. It was defective. No power. So I cancelled the other on that was ordered through ebay and issued a return for the one that I got yesterday. Today I ordered the Atomic CLR active cabinet. Hope I like it. Peter Thorn likes it.

Over there years, there have been many flavor of the months, this is sure to continue. I didn't say 10 have come out after CLR, I was meaning before, yes there has been a bunch. there will always be better, go up in price, and you'll stomp the clr. Why stop at it's price?

you must have a clr right? A good player can make anything sound good.

You don't have to use any particular brand of anything.

But you are not going to see any powered speaker in the price range of a CLR out perform it. I don't see any way that can happen unless Jay designs a new system for Atomic or someone else to produce.

Above the CLR in price there are some great alternatives. Haven't been lucky enough to A/B with a CLR though. Meyer, QSC Pro, or custom stuff like Clair Brothers.

I'm expecting AX8 delivery today. Has anyone used a pair of the humble Alto TS112As with their Fractal units?

Edit: Less than 15 seconds after I posted the above message there was a knock on the door. :)
A friend of mine uses one for his AxeFx II and he likes it a lot.

I did and haven't looked back!
In my opinion when you go FRFR, the IR will be your most critical element in getting the Tone & Feel you want!
In the cab block I set the low cut to 110 hz and the hi cut to 5000 hz.
Do this and audition the cab IR's.
Also if you play too quiet, you won't get the same tone as when it is turned up a bit, gotta be above bedroom levels!

Back
Top Bottom