Would you like to run Axe-Edit as a plug on you DAW?

Would you like to run Axe Edit as a plug in your DAW?

• yes

Votes: 93 81.6%
  • no

Votes: 21 18.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I stated earlier, the Eleven Rack had this feature and that was over ten years ago. BUT, it only worked in Pro Tools.

I can see a huge hurdle would be making this compatible with any DAW, so I would most certainly pay for that privilege.

It would be nice to cut down on the time spent re-amping every single track.
Sorry to revist this thread. WHAT time? I reamp all the time. I unplug the guitar, play enable the DI track and there it is.

I'm actually going for less and less plugins anyway. I have the best plugin reverbs, for example. But I also have some pretty good hardware Lexicon and other reverbs. I prefer the hardware.

As I stated earlier, the Eleven Rack had this feature and that was over ten years ago. BUT, it only worked in Pro Tools.

I can see a huge hurdle would be making this compatible with any DAW, so I would most certainly pay for that privilege.

The Eleven Rack trick did not use a plugin like the suggestion in this thread. That's the advantage to plugin standards like VST and AU. It significantly reduces the effort to achieve compatibility with a variety of DAWs.

The Eleven Rack trick did not use a plugin like the suggestion in this thread. That's the advantage to plugin standards like VST and AU. It significantly reduces the effort to achieve compatibility with a variety of DAWs.

Correct it wasn't a plugin, it was done through the editor which would be the same as doing it through the AxeFX editor. Pro tools uses AAX format so there is more than just VST & AU to make it compatible across multi platforms.

Correct it wasn't a plugin, it was done through the editor which would be the same as doing it through the AxeFX editor. Pro tools uses AAX format so there is more than just VST & AU to make it compatible across multi platforms.

Yes, you edited it with the editor, but the preset was saved in the audio file. That's how it could be retrieved at a later date. Now that would be a huge hurdle to make compatible with a variety of DAWs! My point is: I'm suggesting using a plugin to store the preset to avoid that dilemma. I'm actually quite familiar with AAX :). Plugin standards help avoid making compatibility a "huge hurdle".

Plugin standards help avoid making compatibility a "huge hurdle".

My point is; The hurdle is overcoming multiple 'standards'.

In any case, I loved that feature the 11R offered and would love to see it with the AxeFX no matter which way it's implemented. I'm sure we agree on that :)

Straight up would pay for a plugin like this! I've spoken to some friends (fractal owners) about this and they said they would be just as keen!

Yes, I would pay for a plugin like that

(Hello, I think this is my first post. I have an Axe FX III on the way, switching over from the Helix environment (well, I'll have both)).
I use helix native when recording almost exclusively right now. The best part is that it saves the preset with each session/recording. I would definitely pay $50-80(ish?) for a axe-edit plugin that would save the preset used on a track, and make it easy to reload that preset into the hardware to re-amp.

I guess you would want the plugin attached to the DI track (that's in the DAW parallel to the print)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom