• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Would you like to run Axe-Edit as a plug on you DAW?

Would you like to run Axe Edit as a plug in your DAW?

• yes

Votes: 93 81.6%
  • no

Votes: 21 18.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zedhed

Experienced
As I stated earlier, the Eleven Rack had this feature and that was over ten years ago. BUT, it only worked in Pro Tools.

I can see a huge hurdle would be making this compatible with any DAW, so I would most certainly pay for that privilege.

henryrobinett

Fractal Fanatic
It would be nice to cut down on the time spent re-amping every single track.
Sorry to revist this thread. WHAT time? I reamp all the time. I unplug the guitar, play enable the DI track and there it is.

I'm actually going for less and less plugins anyway. I have the best plugin reverbs, for example. But I also have some pretty good hardware Lexicon and other reverbs. I prefer the hardware.

GlennO

Power User
As I stated earlier, the Eleven Rack had this feature and that was over ten years ago. BUT, it only worked in Pro Tools.

I can see a huge hurdle would be making this compatible with any DAW, so I would most certainly pay for that privilege.
The Eleven Rack trick did not use a plugin like the suggestion in this thread. That's the advantage to plugin standards like VST and AU. It significantly reduces the effort to achieve compatibility with a variety of DAWs.

Zedhed

Experienced
The Eleven Rack trick did not use a plugin like the suggestion in this thread. That's the advantage to plugin standards like VST and AU. It significantly reduces the effort to achieve compatibility with a variety of DAWs.
Correct it wasn't a plugin, it was done through the editor which would be the same as doing it through the AxeFX editor. Pro tools uses AAX format so there is more than just VST & AU to make it compatible across multi platforms.

GlennO

Power User
Correct it wasn't a plugin, it was done through the editor which would be the same as doing it through the AxeFX editor. Pro tools uses AAX format so there is more than just VST & AU to make it compatible across multi platforms.
Yes, you edited it with the editor, but the preset was saved in the audio file. That's how it could be retrieved at a later date. Now that would be a huge hurdle to make compatible with a variety of DAWs! My point is: I'm suggesting using a plugin to store the preset to avoid that dilemma. I'm actually quite familiar with AAX :). Plugin standards help avoid making compatibility a "huge hurdle".

Zedhed

Experienced
Plugin standards help avoid making compatibility a "huge hurdle".
My point is; The hurdle is overcoming multiple 'standards'.

In any case, I loved that feature the 11R offered and would love to see it with the AxeFX no matter which way it's implemented. I'm sure we agree on that :)

LordGold3

Straight up would pay for a plugin like this! I've spoken to some friends (fractal owners) about this and they said they would be just as keen!

DiamondDaveL

Yes, I would pay for a plugin like that

(Hello, I think this is my first post. I have an Axe FX III on the way, switching over from the Helix environment (well, I'll have both)).
I use helix native when recording almost exclusively right now. The best part is that it saves the preset with each session/recording. I would definitely pay $50-80(ish?) for a axe-edit plugin that would save the preset used on a track, and make it easy to reload that preset into the hardware to re-amp.

I guess you would want the plugin attached to the DI track (that's in the DAW parallel to the print)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom