Would you like an FM3 edit mobile app?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, fractal has limited resources.
They would have to divert people to this and obviously it’s not a priority…
I get your point, but it’s probably something they should start to look at. Especially, for iOS. When I have a an iPad many times more powerful than my first Windows PC (100 Mhz Pentium 8MB of RAM) To ignore where the market is at for too long could be a mistake. I have to laugh. I remember spending $300 to upgrade that PC with 8 more Megs of RAM for a whole whopping 16 MB.

While it's a great option, nothing beats having a full official app with direct support from FAS
I mean, sometimes? But developing iOS apps takes resources, and it's a huge undertaking.

It's possible with the advent of the M1 Macs that we may end up getting FM3-Edit or Axe-Edit to run on iOS, but until then FracPad is the "blessed" way of doing what you want.

Get a wireless BT -> MIDI adapter, stick it on your FM3, and grab a copy of FracPad

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=FracPad
True, but then you lose your midi port. A bluetooth adapter in the USB-A port, along with an accompanying app wouldn't have that problem.

The real challenge is the file system for presets. For my Crystal Synth IOS app, I implemented the option of local storage of presets, but the primary mechanism is cloud storage, which works quite well, so I can recommend that design.

The armchair CEOs have arrived.
You‘re a snarky one!! I feel so foolish now.🙄….Obvious respectful dialog has become an obsolete part of consciousness.

I would expect this sort of delayed adolescence from a place like TGP, but am surprised at the amount of similar crud here. Sad, sad days….

I'd be happy, extremely happy if the usb "A" port supported BT adapter then possibly could use F.edit without a usb cable on a small notebook or Mac then you could make on the fly edits without having to be on hands and knees bending over a paddleboard keeping your pc out of sight unless needed.

You‘re a snarky one!! I feel so foolish now.🙄….Obvious respectful dialog has become an obsolete part of consciousness.

I would expect this sort of delayed adolescence from a place like TGP, but am surprised at the amount of similar crud here. Sad, sad days….
No more snarky than the presumption that FAS hasn't considered it and thinking that by started yet another thread about it that they might this time say "hey, good idea. Why didn't we think of that?".

It doesn't take much time to discover that Fractal looks at all suggestions and wishes. This doesn't mean that all will be implemented regardless of how 'easy' they would be or how much someone feels they 'should probably take a look at it'.

What would be the point? You can edit on the fly on the device itself...
yes, on the device itself.... If you kneel down on the floor and then you are not in the position you are playing so you no longer hear it the same, also much easier to have something at standing height so can quickly adjust while holding a note.
another option is to play a loop and walk the room, dialing in as if you are in the audience, hands free.
another option is to give a trusted person the ability to tweak for you while you are playing, from the audience, or mixing console.

I'm sure there are more

I'll tell ya, when I was doing the bands sound with an X32, having wireless editing was unbeatable.

yes, on the device itself.... If you kneel down on the floor and then you are not in the position you are playing so you no longer hear it the same, also much easier to have something at standing height so can quickly adjust while holding a note.
another option is to play a loop and walk the room, dialing in as if you are in the audience, hands free.
another option is to give a trusted person the ability to tweak for you while you are playing, from the audience, or mixing console.

I'm sure there are more

I'll tell ya, when I was doing the bands sound with an X32, having wireless editing was unbeatable.
Doing sound and mixing a band a mobile device is definitely useful. Editing your FAS for the sake of the mix? Ultimately it is still up to the sound guy, which it sounds like you know more than most.

I just don't know what I would personally adjust during a show onstage. If they developed it I don't know that I would ever use it.

Doing sound and mixing a band a mobile device is definitely useful. Editing your FAS for the sake of the mix? Ultimately it is still up to the sound guy, which it sounds like you know more than most.

I just don't know what I would personally adjust during a show onstage. If they developed it I don't know that I would ever use it.
Then why are you even commenting in this thread?

On a Chrome book?
Dude your request is at the bottom of the pile!
Uhmm yea, android apps and chrome books. Welcome to 2019 "dude."

For $200 I can get a 15" FHD touchscreen with a flip keyboard, the latest Bluetooth protocol, the latest wifi protocol, and run any any Android app, ..... which is what this topic is all about, an Android app for wireless editing.

I also find it amusing you seem to think you know what FAS has for "resources."

No, fractal has limited resources.
They would have to divert people to this and obviously it’s not a priority…

Why are you commenting here too?

If you're not interested that's OK, but many are, and if you've nothing to contribute to the discussion there's no reason to post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom