Would you get the ADA MP-1 Classic for $100?

Piing

Axe-Master
I know, I know... but would it be worth for that price? just to have some fun. Who is still messing with these toys? @2112 ?

In the old times I had a JMP-1, a Triaxis and a Egnater M4 modular preamp. I've always heard that the MP-1 was the winner

They usually sell for quite a bit more than that, so that's a good price. Leon will weigh in I'm sure, but I didn't have good luck when I had one. Noisy as hell and it didn't make me sound like Nuno.

Yes. Good price.

I will mess with one every once in a while. It's 'ok'. The memory is always better than the real thing.

I still have (and use) a JMP-1. Through a Marshall 100/100, it is absolutely crushing! MP-1 can't touch it IMO.

Ooops. The seller says that it is only for "spare parts". https://www.guitarthai.com/classified/question.asp?QID=1619236

End of the nostalgic adventure. I don't want to waste time or money repairing it

I absolutely love nostalgic adventures. But they always end up disappointing (at least in my cases).
I had a Boss Guitar Driver 1 rack space pre-amp back in the 80s. Back then, in my mind, it was crushing. Found one on Craigslist - brought it home..and it's god awful. LOL.

But I will still go on nostalgic adventures, just because it's fun.

Keep your eyes peeled for the next toy Piing!

I love my MP-1. I use it with a Fryette power amp and a Mesa 212 cab. It takes pedals beautifully. The trick is to use the effects loop in the power amp, not in the MP-1. The MP-1's effects loop is a tone sucker.

They're worth easy 300-350

But I went 6 for 6 of all the ones I bought had issues- sold for about $100 for parts

i think we all have a nostalgia blind spot for how old gear sounded. Mostly because at the time it was actually good, but we've come so far since then it can't hold a candle to todays stuff.

Yes. Good price.

I will mess with one every once in a while. It's 'ok'. The memory is always better than the real thing.

I still have (and use) a JMP-1. Through a Marshall 100/100, it is absolutely crushing! MP-1 can't touch it IMO.

Deftones in a rack unit. Probably the only Marshall product I'd consider buying.

Back
Top Bottom