Would this be smart? (Redwirez)

drneely

With everyone raving about the redwirez stuff im thinking i should get on board. I will be using axe into duet into logic. I notice on the axe editor there are only 10 user cabs. Is it worth it to buy the bigbox and then just load my 10 favorite into the Axe? Or should i just buy 10 cabs? you can only have 10 in the axe at any 1 time so if you want to try a different cab do you take 1 of the 10 off and then load the one you want to try? Also do all the mic possibilities load into the axe editor with the cabs? If there is something that touches on all of this just post a link please.
Thanks

drneely said:
Is it worth it to buy the bigbox and then just load my 10 favorite into the Axe?

Maybe coz you can audition each different mic/posstion of mic which best suites you tone then load that one up.

drneely said:
you can only have 10 in the axe at any 1 time so if you want to try a different cab do you take 1 of the 10 off and then load the one you want to try?

Assuming you have logic Pro I'd record a phrase using the preset without any cab or mic then have that as ya master track, run that through a created IR track back out through what ever your amping your signal with. Then loop the master and change IR's ir cabs, mics and mic possition to suite. Btw don't ask me how to do that in logic I use the reaper IR 'thingy' created by Redwirez and use mixed IR's.

drneely said:
Also do all the mic possibilities load into the axe editor with the cabs?

Yes they do so ensure your preset Axe preset mic setting is set to none.

Mark.

ESP MM-270 said:
drneely said:
Also do all the mic possibilities load into the axe editor with the cabs?

Yes they do so ensure your preset Axe preset mic setting is set to none.

Mark.
just to clarify ... yes ONE of the mic positions loads with its cab IR in each of the 10 user slots. Not all mic positions in the same slot.

However, you can mix as many IRs together in whatever proportions you want for your own cocktails of different speakers, different mic positions and different mics. See this thread if you haven't already:

http://www.fractalaudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14280

Having more to choose from is sometimes harder... so my suggestion would be to choose a few cabs at first. For clean tones the Twin or JC120. For dirty tones get the Mesa, Uberkab and I seem to be falling for this Basketweave cab also. There is a money back guarantee so if you have the money... you should get the bigbox.

Back
Top Bottom