Would it be possible to use a Mini Cry Baby as an expression pedal?

Definitely not!
...unless you disconnect everything in the pedal, and wire the pot (if there is one) to a TRS cable..
Probably better to buy an expression pedal.
Thanks
Pauly

Definitely not!
...unless you disconnect everything in the pedal, and wire the pot (if there is one) to a TRS cable..
Probably better to buy an expression pedal.
Thanks
Pauly

I did that with a full sized Cry Baby that had been sitting in my closet for years - its now my expression pedal for the AX8. But I'm cheap and know how to solder.

Any wah to expression pedal conversion requires swapping out the pot with a linear pot, which is kind of a big deal. Dunlop sells a linear pot that fits into the full sized cry baby for about $20. Keep in mind that you're basically re-using the wah enclosure and tossing all the electronics inside.

You can find instructions (written by someone else) here for the plain old Cry Baby. Don't know if the mini uses the same pots or not - if it does should be the same process.

https://www.strymon.net/strymon-tech-corner-2-build-your-own-expression-pedal/

Bumping an old post. I did the crybaby to expression pedal conversion years back. It worked fine with my Line 6 gear and a basic TS cable. But with the FM9, I need to use a TRS cable. How does the wiring go for a TRS jack? The Strymon link no longer works.

Back
Top Bottom