Would be cool to get a model of the rockman x100

With these presets, you'll have all the X100 sounds. Clean 1, Clean 2, Edge, Dist, Cho, "Echo" and even the "Dry" versions you got by putting the slider switches in the in-between positions. Soon!

This made my day. I still have an X100 (well, rebought several years ago for $25!) and pre-Covid it was my preferred hotel room solution for practicing on work trips. I think it gets a bad rap. I like the sounds in there.

If these are as spot on I may wind upselling it as the Fender Mustang Micro is going to be my travel solution (whenever traveling happens again).

I recently re-did all of my Rockman presets. They sound just like the X100!
They require user cabs on the FM3, so I'll share them as an incentive when we launch the new "Preset Cab Bundle" feature in FM3-Edit.
Very cool and nice of you to share. Always something to look forward to. Thanks!

With these presets, you'll have all the X100 sounds. Clean 1, Clean 2, Edge, Dist, Cho, "Echo" and even the "Dry" versions you got by putting the slider switches in the in-between positions. Soon!

very stoked. Sound seems somehow better (more smoothed out or more studio ready) which is great, fantastic.

that thing had something, with the likes of Boston, Satriani, Def Leppard and more ……

I cannot wait!

Last edited:
This thread brought back memories using the Rockman which I fed into a borrowed JC120. Would probably hate the tone today but at the time enjoyed the sounds with the only issue being changing the little sliders. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

My new "Rockman" wannabe is the Fender Mustang Micro which I recently picked up. The sliders have been replaced by small selector buttons and love the Bluetooth streaming to jam along with tunes. Totally inflexible so no tweaking of amps, EQ, or FX like the original but great to have kicking around with a pair of headphones as the selections provided are pretty good.

This is strictly a practice amp though needless to say and doubt if I would ever use it to record.

fantastic! you really nailed that Chorus. can't wait to try those. especially if the Cleans capture that plastic sterile character of the original unit. post that preset already :) !

All I can remember is how man AA batteries it ate as a teen.

Did Tom sell SRD or did he just end it for some reason.

Dang that preset sounded awesome! how soon and how much?! The very first song I learned and performed live was a Boston tune so always loved the sound

Looks like your absolutely correct! and you can still get a brand new one too.. I'm wondering how it sounds? Anyone know?
https://www.jimdunlop.com/rockman-guitar-ace/
The Ace ones are appearently not the same deal as the original x100 which are sought after and restored like old muscle cars - there's somewhat of a mini industry sustained by the work of keeping old Rockman gear running.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom