Would? - Alice in Chains - guitar cover - ARES firmware - Friedman 2018 AMP

mcl

My guitar cover for "Would?", a song by Alice In Chains from their second album, Dirt, published in 1992.

Axe fx 2 XL+ going direct into focusrite scarlett 6i6 2nd generation preamp / interface.

Guitar is a Fender Stratocaster Custom Shop with a Maricela Juarez JB pickup on the bridge, standard D# tuning.

Axe fx chain: tube screamer into friedman 2018 amp into cab OH marshall 4x12 IR +some reverb and some delay for the solo. Ares firmware.

The drum, bass and vocals are exported from the original song.

[reposting as it got accidentally deleted]

[EDIT: i have now attached the preset file. The ir cab is a 4x12 marshall with v30]

Attachments

• friedman strat dropc ARES2.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Great job! This entire record is amazing. Quick question. Why would you use an interface rather than just going direct with the Fractal? Does this add to your tone in a positive way? Are there benefits? I looked into getting the same interface but everything I read said it would be redundant. Any insight into this would be much appreciated!

Reactions: mcl
Great job! This entire record is amazing. Quick question. Why would you use an interface rather than just going direct with the Fractal? Does this add to your tone in a positive way? Are there benefits? I looked into getting the same interface but everything I read said it would be redundant. Any insight into this would be much appreciated!
most use an interface simply because they have it, and everything else is already plugged into it.

probably no tone benefits or detriments in general. just my thought on it.

It's impossible to tell that's not the real song.

The last band I truly loved, through and through.

You gotta share that on AxeChange.

As chris said, It was just a matter of simplicity for me. I already had the IF and just plugged in the axe fx into the 3/4 stereo output. This allows me to use the if to record not only from the axe fx but also from other sources and keep the monitors alway connected, avoiding cable switching. No audible difference at all.

It's impossible to tell that's not the real song.

The last band I truly loved, through and through.

You gotta share that on AxeChange.

thanks! i will post the preset in a few days, as soon as i come back home, but the ir is from ownhammer so either you buy it or you will need to use a similar one

Back
Top Bottom