Would a nearby lightning strike possibly fry my Axe-Fx 3’s USB socket?

It is important to get to know your regular delivery drivers. :) helps in these moments. I HATE missing a delivery and driving around trying to find the truck!!
We know the FedEx guy. 50-ish guy with Russky accent. Good dude.

UPS seems to send a different guy every time.

That having been said, lookee what I just got:
20191115_145828.jpg

Sorry folks, I'm not sure why the phone's camera can't seem to put these right side up....

:) Backing up the factory presets. Over USB.... :)
Joe, you bought two axe fix iii? Or am i reading this picture wrong? And then a. FC6 and a FC12???
Joe, i love you kid, you know that, but ain’t that overkill???
dont get me wrong if thats how you wanna spend that cheese, then by all means
but i dont get why?

actually, this might be the only time ill admit this, but why not wait for the FM3 instead of another one and fc6? Just curious?

Joe, you bought two axe fix iii? Or am i reading this picture wrong? And then a. FC6 and a FC12???
Joe, i love you kid, you know that, but ain’t that overkill???
dont get me wrong if thats how you wanna spend that cheese, then by all means
but i dont get why?

actually, this might be the only time ill admit this, but why not wait for the FM3 instead of another one and fc6? Just curious?
The one on top of the rack stopped being able to connect to AxeEdit over USB after a lightning strike outside my window last Wednesday. The one in the rack came as its replacement, and I added a bit to get the FC6.

Sorry folks, I'm not sure why the phone's camera can't seem to put these right side up....

:) Backing up the factory presets. Over USB.... :)

I'll bet you were relieved to see that box waiting for you when you got home. (And thanks for clarify the vet comment. I was starting to wonder about how you treated your son, lol.)

If you poke around your phone's camera or photo display options, you'll probably find a Rotate control. On my iPhone, I tap Edit, and then there's a little box icon with a pair of curved arrows around it. Tapping that gives me the cropping and rotation controls. Among them, there's another little box with a curved arrow. Tapping that rotates the picture to the left by 90º. Keep tapping the icon until the picture is oriented how you want. Android phones likely have something similar.

I'll bet you were relieved to see that box waiting for you when you got home.

I worked from home today, like most days. I wheeled the wheelchair out to the front gate, and the guy set the boxes right on it. Telecommuting is so much better than going in to the office. They seem to love to put developers in cubes right next to people whose job it is to talk on the phone all day. I don't get it. They pay me to think, then stick me where I can't hear myself think. Home is much more peaceful, the commute is shorter, and the coffee is way way way way way better than the Starbucks plain coffee (no frou-frou blended stuff for free) that they provide....

(And thanks for clarify the vet comment. I was starting to wonder about how you treated your son, lol.)

LOL, I gathered that. I kinda phrased it that vaguely on purpose to get a rise out of folks. :D

If you poke around your phone's camera or photo display options, you'll probably find a Rotate control. On my iPhone, I tap Edit, and then there's a little box icon with a pair of curved arrows around it. Tapping that gives me the cropping and rotation controls. Among them, there's another little box with a curved arrow. Tapping that rotates the picture to the left by 90º. Keep tapping the icon until the picture is oriented how you want. Android phones likely have something similar.

I will look for this tomorrow. It used to work right. I bet one of the recent firmware updates FUBARed the camera's ability to save a file right side up. I am beginning to detest Samsung nearly as much as the iPhone. My next phone will be one (if it's possible to find) that doesn't feel the need to nanny me about the headphone volume. I hook to the bluetooth dongle in my car, and the car stereo knob controls the volume. The phone needs to be one notch off full blast to get a decent signal-to-noise ratio on this setup. Also annoying is the modal popup warning every 60 seconds when it's too hot to charge. Annoying as F^%& in the summer here in Phoenix when you're trying to use Google Maps to get to your destination. As if I didn't know it was hot, the phone has to pop up and tell me EVERY SINGLE MINUTE and block the map with the popup.

Bad UI design is a pet peeve of mine, I guess.... :D

The new setup is starting to take shape....

20191115_223713.jpg

The plan is to test the split FC arrangement, with just the six closest buttons on the 12 in use, to simulate a second FC6.
If this arrangement proves to work well for me (and preliminary tests look good), then I will be offering the FC12 in trade for an FC6 and some cash to someone who has a 6 and wants a 12.

Last edited:
... They seem to love to put developers in cubes right next to people whose job it is to talk on the phone all day. I don't get it. They pay me to think, then stick me where I can't hear myself think. Home is much more peaceful, the commute is shorter, and the coffee is way way way way way better than the Starbucks plain coffee (no frou-frou blended stuff for free) that they provide....

Off-topic, but OMG... That all sounds too eerily familiar. Yes, development is hard enough. WFH is a real lifesaver (meaning it prevents me from killing my co-workers ). Glad to hear you at least get that option!

Contact support and they'll hook you up with an RMA number and instructions.

If it is the micro the turnaround may be a couple weeks because we have to send the board out for repair. Too many pins on that one to do in-house.
Ok. Will do, as soon as I can pry myself away from testing 11.00b1. Sooooo many great sounds. Only a couple 'hunt-and-peck' presets so far where the correct impedance curve took a bit to find. I find myself liking the AC15 curve on my 2C+ presets with the MS12 Black Shadow most of the time. It just makes me forget that I want to set up the next preset.... ;)

Off-topic, but OMG... That all sounds too eerily familiar. Yes, development is hard enough. WFH is a real lifesaver (meaning it prevents me from killing my co-workers ). Glad to hear you at least get that option!
The worst part of it is a couple of the phone talkers don't seem to understand that the phone handset or headset has a microphone in it that transmits their voice to the caller's earpiece, so they don't need to talk loud enough that the person on the other end of the line in India can hear them directly.... :D

Still? Sorry to hear but congrats on the rest of it
I love the FC6 too
"Stuff" happens.

I spent a bit Friday night setting up layouts for them on a fair number of my presets, and moved all the buttons to the close end of the 12 to simulate a 6. I am digging the split FC arrangement. Since my primary focus is on the pedals, it puts them in the middle, and all 12 switches are within easy reach. The 12 is a bit long to be off to a side instead of in the center, and the far end's buttons are a bit of a yoga move to reach. I expect that if I keep digging it, the FC12 will be sold or traded to make way for a second FC6....

Yeah i liked the way i kinda feel my ME pedals are extensions of the FC6, cuz its so close to what I’m usually tapping....
FC12, while obviously offering a lot for axe fix iii advanced users, its too much for me to put good use to
Especially because really its 12 functions, just 6 stomp switches u know?

Yeah i liked the way i kinda feel my ME pedals are extensions of the FC6, cuz its so close to what I’m usually tapping....
FC12, while obviously offering a lot for axe fix iii advanced users, its too much for me to put good use to
Especially because really its 12 functions, just 6 stomp switches u know?
I will end up with the same number of FC switch buttons, but will have twice as many pedal jacks and switch jacks, and an easier reach to get at the FC switches. I am not quite as limber as this guy:
41668390_990760704458765_8848558517233619870_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom