AFIII Worship Tutorials Preset Demo - a budget preset with options

orion32773

Experienced
I rarely buy presets but in this case, in a worship music scenario, this may save me a ton of time. As I was running through this preset from worship tutorials.com I realized it might make for a helpful video for some of you. The presets are put together nicely and definitely give you a starting point for this type of music and can also serve as something new (in my case) from an experimental aspect. If you like to see presets that test the Axe Fx 3 CPU then check it out!

Cool review man! Loved the tone when you played lead with "Big Riff" selected.

Thanks so much for the review @orion32773! We praise and worship guys use more reverb than most any other genre - admittedly a bit much at times, ha. Love that Suhr, also! For that guitar you might like Channel B of the amp - we voiced it for humbuckers so it may give you a bit more clarity with that guitar, especially on the bridge pickup (and with that 'Chorus Big' scene).

This preset is basically a song-specific version of our MRGN AC-20 preset, so it has the same basic sounds. We tweak the drives, verbs, and delays to fit the songs, though. Thanks again!

Thanks so much for the review @orion32773! We praise and worship guys use more reverb than most any other genre - admittedly a bit much at times, ha. Love that Suhr, also! For that guitar you might like Channel B of the amp - we voiced it for humbuckers so it may give you a bit more clarity with that guitar, especially on the bridge pickup (and with that 'Chorus Big' scene).

This preset is basically a song-specific version of our MRGN AC-20 preset, so it has the same basic sounds. We tweak the drives, verbs, and delays to fit the songs, though. Thanks again!
I’m still waiting to hear back on my audition for the worship team but I’m looking forward to using this preset in some sort of capacity. This genre is a little outside of my area so it was extremely helpful to have this at my disposal and at a cost that was comfortable. I’m looking forward to purchasing more over time since the church seems to be doing the same songs as you all are releasing presets for. Happy to do more reviews in the future if you all are ok with that. With them being paid presets I’m sensitive to not showing anything that would take away from that for you. Let me know. ;-) enjoying this new Suhr for sure.

Thanks for the review. The WT guys know their stuff. Very glad to have them in the Fractal camp.

Nice review of that particular preset- I've been getting a lot of use out of a bunch of the WT presets- both the song specific and more general presets. My current favorite is the Bethel rig patch- I added a loop for my Mimiq, and I was off to the races with that one. Thanks again for making the video, and I'd love to see reviews on some of the other patches available. The Bethel patch, the Hillsong patch, and a few of the song patches use a dual amp setup that'd be interesting to watch you dissect. It's really nice to have these sitting in the library- I know I can walk into a rehearsal or service and just be ready to go.

Once this hurricane drama is over here in Florida and I can get plugged into the worship team here at my church, I’m sure I will be looking at others ones and at that time I would feel better about reviewing more presets. I’m interested to see how they work in my situation and what I will need to tweak (if anything) for this team. I’m anxious to work with more of them for sure. Thanks for leaving a comment here. I’m glad I could maybe help some people a little. Stay tuned!

Question to worship players with heavy reverb and ambiance pads in their presets. Do you play with a keyboard player? Or are filling that space? The worship guitar players I’ve heard used Fender Deluxe Reverb or a digital emulation of same.

From my general perspective of a mix in general, I think it all would depend on the keyboard player guy had and what kinds of sounds he was using. I’m not sure if I mentioned it on the video but the way I approach purchased presets like these that have a lot of options is getting into them and understanding all of the options and pulling things back as basic as I can’t and be ready to mix the “sprinkles” back in if needed. The room you play will also play a role as well. Larger venues you may want to really dial things back and smaller ones add more in. Will also make a difference if you have other guitarists as well. It’s not a one size fits all but this is a great foundation of getting your foot in the door.

I don't do P&W but after watching your video and hearing the tones i was interested in this patch so for 5 bucks i figured eh WTH. great patch and it sounds great for jamming on.

Yep, regardless of your taste in music styles it’s still a well made patch and helpful for learning some different ways of doing things. The FC programming is something look at as well and how they use per preset layouts as well as perform 1 and 2.

Yep, regardless of your taste in music styles it’s still a well made patch and helpful for learning some different ways of doing things. The FC programming is something look at as well and how they use per preset layouts as well as perform 1 and 2.

Agreed about musical taste. I always like to check out presets and see how others lay things out Yea I’d have to see if I could configure the PP for the FC 6 as I don’t have the 12. And with the new puppy I don’t keep my FC board hooked up in the same room

Back
Top Bottom