Worship Team from a couple of weeks ago - Today is the day

javajunkie

Trying to dial in new Lincoln Brewsterish tones w/ the 1987x sim.
Here is the result from a couple of weeks ago. Recorded from the back of the room.
Forgive the weak solo. I've been hammering away to get that smoothed out since that weekend. I think I have it pretty much under my fingers now, but I was just hangin on for it here.

http://javajunkiemusic.com/Audio/today_august.mp3

Re: Worship Team from a couple of weeks ago - Today is the d

Tone sounds good. i know what you mean about that solo. I have played it several times but the last bar always trips me up.

Nice tone, man! Is that just a delay, for fx?

That tone is dead on man. (Singers need to come way down... :p )

MKeditor said:
Tone sounds good. i know what you mean about that solo. I have played it several times but the last bar always trips me up.
+1.
The "tutorial" Lincoln himself youtubed awkwardly skipped over that last run. He goes something like "and this is how I end it", plays it at normal speed and you just have to guess how it actually goes. "Ends at this high note". :lol: :evil:
There are better tuts on youtube now.

Nice tone Java..

I've been the lead guitarist in our church's band for about 6 years now. I'm one of the stronger vocalists out of the guys (we go through them pretty often.. ones who stick are seriously faithful but not as strong vocally.. But faithful is greater than talent that doesn't show no doubt) so when we do Today is the day I actually lead the song and play it.. That dang solo gets me every time. I can nail it during rehearsal a couple times but when we actually do it I ALWAYS Botch the end of it. Haven't figured out how Brewster does it. I sorta changed the ending as well but got it as near the CD as I could.

Next time we do the song I'll see if I cant post up a 2 mix of it and throw it out there.. I'd love to get some tone feedback from you guys on this song's tone in particular.. Its really a great tone that translates to alot of different songs/styles.

Thanks for sharing

EDIT: Didn't realize I read two different threads and replied to stuff brought up in each... Edited accordingly..

Sounds great Java! That must be a blast to play.

Great song.

Terry.

Would you mind posting that patch? I especially like the rhythm sound.
Thanks!

starswimmer said:
Would you mind posting that patch? I especially like the rhythm sound.
Thanks!

Sure, it's all one patch.

Sounds good Java... We have had the same problem when recording the room with the vocals being up in the rafters. I made a few adjustments to are house mix and it sounds a lot better.

Back
Top Bottom