Worship recording from rehearsal last night...

oceanruckus

Just wanted to throw this out there for the pw peeps...good mix from last night, despite being straight from the board and being mixed for live venue instead of recording. I was the only guitarist, so I tried to play bigger
1f609.png
. We had a few tracks in the mix, but mostly synth stuff. I fought my ears all night, but my playing wasn't as bad as I thought.

I ran 4 diff amps (AC20, Badger30, Supro, Deluxe Tweed) into 4 diff stereo cabs (mix is in stereo) with a touch of cab delay (.06ms). Signal chain is WAH (for a tone cut with envelope controller) -> DRIVE (BB Pre) -> AMP -> CAB -> DELAY (2290/DMM) -> MULTIDELAY (my "short" reverb...I think PLEX with diffusion). A parallel chain splits after the cab with VOL (to control my "pad" reverb) -> FX BLOCK (Gamechanger Plus Sustain pedal) -> ROTARY -> REVERB (Space). This is mixed back in with the original chain (level is controlled via expression pedal attached to reverb input) and the LOOPER block is last in the chain. Currently running 9.03...

In Call Upon The Lord, I added a TREM block in place of the LOOPER and added a envelope controller to it as well, so the trem would die out as signal dropped. I mainly use the WAH for a tone cut and it works fantastic with slide (Holy Spirit).

Nicely done! i use my AX8 in worship as well. It's a dream machine. At practice last night, the tones fired me up! We don't do this song, but it's in line with our usual material. Lots of great stuff out there.

We do Lion and the Lamb, though. Just did it last week. You sound great on it! Not easy to make the riff sound that smooth. Took me a while trying various fingerings. We do Holy Spirit as well. Another favorite.

I was actually going to comment on the other thread earlier today about guitar at church and have been using the Badger30 as my bread and butter since getting the AX8. Lots of people seem to be using the VOX and Fenders but i have had a great, huge sound with the Badger and glad someone else thinks so too. Maybe it has something to do with being a lone guitarist as well and i can take up a little more of the frequency slice with not having other guitarists ; )

Mix sounds good. What key are you playing Call Upon the Lord in?

Key of G.

We do Lion and the Lamb, though. Just did it last week. You sound great on it! Not easy to make the riff sound that smooth. Took me a while trying various fingerings. We do Holy Spirit as well. Another favorite.

Thx man! Yea, LATL gets me...I always find a way to flub it. Can't beat the AX8...so stellar.

I was actually going to comment on the other thread earlier today about guitar at church and have been using the Badger30 as my bread and butter since getting the AX8. Lots of people seem to be using the VOX and Fenders but i have had a great, huge sound with the Badger and glad someone else thinks so too. Maybe it has something to do with being a lone guitarist as well and i can take up a little more of the frequency slice with not having other guitarists ; )

Yes to all this. The Badger30 is so good...I never realized until I read through Yek's guide and tried it out. Its got a big voice that is certainly different in a good way for worship.

Sounds great man! Good setups, not over played, and not under played. Really nicely done.

And props to your vocalists and sound guys too. That really sounds good for a "not for production" rehearsal mix.

Glad I'm not the only Badger convert out there! It's really become one of my go to amps. That and the CAE... both do just what I need without standing on my head to get there.

If you want to throw any presets out here I know they'd be welcome :)

Sounds really good - very well done, great tone. I've heard our praise & worship direct from board mix on occasion and frankly it's un-listenable. Not sure what the sound people are doing other than turning the equipment on!

Sounds great man! Good setups, not over played, and not under played. Really nicely done.

And props to your vocalists and sound guys too. That really sounds good for a "not for production" rehearsal mix.

Glad I'm not the only Badger convert out there! It's really become one of my go to amps. That and the CAE... both do just what I need without standing on my head to get there.

If you want to throw any presets out here I know they'd be welcome :)

One of these days I'll throw up my presets/blocks...I'm all for spreading knowledge around. We've been pretty fortunate - I work at a multi-campus church and we have some amazing tech people and musicians. The guy running sound toured for a decade with many big bands/artists - he knows his stuff. I only get to serve with the band when he's on FOH.

I'll tweak my presets a bit...I think one of them has some OH IRs.

Going on a tangent, I can't say enough about FM curves. I finally had a chance to tweak presets last week in our auditorium. I set up my board at FOH and used the looper to fine tune based on our system. I know that will change from venue to venue, but I have a better baseline now. I think about how I used to tweak/build presets with my IEMs...so brittle and thin.

Back
Top Bottom