World's simplest/reliable MFC for Axe-Fx other than FAS MFC

Yes they work really well together. But it is small and the buttons are close together. It does a lot more than you need though.
Ben, I have a MC6 and a MFC101 MarkIII, also a AxeFXII XL+ My MC6 all I wanted to use it for was Scenes 1-6, and have the MFC do all of the other presets, efx blocks, etc... HOWEVER, I can't get the MC6 to work... BASICALLY having configuration issues.. My MFC101 is Faslink, midi channel 1, sync on, and is working fine... I can't get the MC6 to do anything (it works great on my AX8, and Helix)... It's just not playing nice with my Axe and MFC... It's tough because I'm going through the Axe manual, MFC manual, and the MC6 I the easy part (Midi 1, CC#34 value=0-7... Any thoughts are welcome... thx

Ben, I have a MC6 and a MFC101 MarkIII, also a AxeFXII XL+ My MC6 all I wanted to use it for was Scenes 1-6, and have the MFC do all of the other presets, efx blocks, etc... HOWEVER, I can't get the MC6 to work... BASICALLY having configuration issues.. My MFC101 is Faslink, midi channel 1, sync on, and is working fine... I can't get the MC6 to do anything (it works great on my AX8, and Helix)... It's just not playing nice with my Axe and MFC... It's tough because I'm going through the Axe manual, MFC manual, and the MC6 I the easy part (Midi 1, CC#34 value=0-7... Any thoughts are welcome... thx
You know you can program the MFC 101 to switch scenes. Why have maker gizmos than u need

You know you can program the MFC 101 to switch scenes. Why have maker gizmos than u need
Yeah.. I love the MFC 101, hitting reveal for the scenes is very nice, I also think my MC6 could assist by possibly being my looper controls, and add some great value to my setup.. However, if I never get it working, the 200 dollars worth of 6 midi switches can sit in my closet? It was great for my AX8 and Helix for the scenes and looper reasons.. Thanks.. John

If you're having trouble with the MC6 maybe try this thread? Sorry I'm not sure I can help as I don't have an MFC. I've found there are issues getting the tuner to work if you put any type of midi splitter/other midi device between the Axe midi out and MC6 midi in but that's all I've got :)

The title says it all. I need something that I can use with my new Axe 2 XL+ to simply switch presets and scenes, NOTHING ELSE!
What's a good MFC to use just for switching presets and scenes. Nothing complicated just a preset and scene switcher. I don't have much funds or time available to spend hours programming more MIDI stuff haha. Anyone got anything?

I bought an Source Audio Soleman for the exact same reasons. Super simple:

External switches to navigate lists (songs). Within a list you can use the internal switches to navigate scenes via macro commands (max 50 byte of MIDI messages that you program yourself).

I've set mine up to in each list start by loading PC#, then selecting scene via CC#.

Only backdraw is that although you can name macros and scenes (yes Source Audio seems to use that term scene instead of preset). And you can re-use macros (i e scene 1 = FAS scene 1) as much as you want in every scenes (presets).

It might be a bit confusing if FAS scene 1 would be named 'Verse' when scene 1 in every preset in your AxeFx II isn't a 'Verse' in every song you have...

Some backdraws:
Only 127 presets (transmits 0 - 127). 99% certain that you are able to setup to reach the other banks via macros. Also seems to be offset in recalling correct preset in AxeFx, need to check that up though.
No extension pedal available although they have that option possible (1/8" jack).

Last edited:
Take a look at my Voes Midicontroller MC-10. It does everything you want.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/new-midicontroller-voes-mc-series.125226/

www.voes.be

mc-10-tmb.jpg

It takes less than 2 minutes to program it for scenes using the editor

I use it with my fractal axe fx2 and i love it.

Back
Top Bottom