World's simplest/reliable MFC for Axe-Fx other than FAS MFC

I think the MFC takes up very little stage space, its only like 1.5x1 foot or so, and can be powered via the ethernet cable, so not extra cords to run, no extra AC adapter etc on stage.

I've owned stuff like a Midi Mouse before, but honestly think that if you've got a Axe-II XL your kind of missing out on tons of the cool features it can do if you don't at least have a few scene buttons and maybe an exp pedal or two. At least one.....

You can make some many cool tonal changes from scene to scene, you can control any parameter, or parameters even with an exp pedal...just a vast amount of options and stuff that used to require a $20k custom Bradshaw rig to do are right at your feet

I dreamed for half my playing career of being able to press one switch and have my delay kick in along with a flanger and a lead boost and not have to tap dance all over my pedal board. Scenes gives me just that...

I have my first MFC row as scene 1-5, next rows are presets 1-10 et al. I could get by with slightly fewer switches but having each tone at the press of a foot switch is actually really handy, as is having a visual reference of what swtiches are active, the patch name visible on the MFC etc

Saving a few hundred bucks, (or less) and giving up so many cool features just doesn't seem to make good sense to me, especially when your Axe cost over $2000....why skimp on the controller ?

I have been looking for a good foot controller too. I have the FAS MFC and while I think it is fantastic I just want up/down preset and 5 scene changer with much wider switch spacing for my big feet while playing live. I would love a 7 button set-up like the g-system

I have been looking for a good foot controller too. I have the FAS MFC and while I think it is fantastic I just want up/down preset and 5 scene changer with much wider switch spacing for my big feet while playing live. I would love a 7 button set-up like the g-system
There are some fellow big foot users here who have created "button blocker" devices and then just program around the "blocked" buttons.

You might want to check out the Gordius Little Giant pedal. They are laid out in a way that spaces the buttons very nicely. They are extremely programmable, so you could achieve the functionality you want.

Would I have to do software updates on it? Second, can it jump around to different banks for my AxeFx 2 presets and scenes? What are this pedals main limitations vs the MFC 101 ? I'm very interested in this MC6

Would I have to do software updates on it? Second, can it jump around to different banks for my AxeFx 2 presets and scenes? What are this pedals main limitations vs the MFC 101 ? I'm very interested in this MC6
I have one. Wanted to size down my floor board. Can be setup for almost anything. But.....

A bit confusing to program.The terminology is confusing too. Only 6 buttons and they are pretty close together. Needs 2 midi cables to use the Tuner and some special setup in the Axe-Fx. Tuner display is not very accurate. Ended up going back to the MFC-101 for the better Tuner and full 2-way communication.

There are some newly added features in the latest updates that are pretty slick though. Some of which addresses some of the other issues that I had??? You only update if you want the new features.

Hey a Tom Brady foot controller. I like it!
Yep. The nice thing about the Tom Brady controller is the additional "deflate gate" button. When you step on it, it let's some of the hot air out of your lead singer.

Wait. Did I just think that, or did I actually say it? :oops:

Last edited:
I use a BJ Devices TB12: banks up and down on the right, bottom row is five presets, top row is five scenes (scenes 2-6 actually, the preset switch is scene 1). So far its been rock solid, and it supports the Axe tuner too.

GM arts' firmware can make it do more stuff, but I havent tried it.

Buy a second hand lf jr or lf+mini they are really small, and can do alo you can dream of. I just bought a mint lf+mini + midi in out phantom box for 300€, and it is awesome!!!

One not mentioned and a bit old now is the Yamaha MFC10. I use the bottom switches for amp & pedal scenes and the top row for individual pedal bypasses, based on the amp selected by the bottom switches. One built in exp pedal and jacks for 4 more externals ( I use 1 external for my Mission exp set as a wah and the internal as a roto or univib ). On the used market somewhere between 139 & 280. Gets fancy or stays simple. Can even change the bottom row to individual pedals on the fly ( if you use a lot of pedals ) by stepping on the Function switch. Great unit for cheep money.

The title says it all. I need something that I can use with my new Axe 2 XL+ to simply switch presets and scenes, NOTHING ELSE!
What's a good MFC to use just for switching presets and scenes. Nothing complicated just a preset and scene switcher. I don't have much funds or time available to spend hours programming more MIDI stuff haha. Anyone got anything?

If you're in the states for +/- $350 you can get a used MFC-101 MKI and you will thank yourself for the time and frustration saved from trying to go a cheaper route. FCB1010 with Uno was okay, Eurekea made no damn sense but to be fair that was latest firmware at the time and newer versions of each are available.

Take a look at my Voes Midicontroller MC-10. It does everything you want.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/new-midicontroller-voes-mc-series.125226/

www.voes.be

mc-10-tmb.jpg

It takes less than 2 minutes to program it for scenes using the editor

FCB1010 w/Uno programming isn't bad using the free Ripwerx editor (java). I use the bottom row as "stomp boxes" to control a compressor, Overdrive, Chorus, Delay, and X/Y for clean /dirty amp drive settings. Unfortunately, MIDI communication is one-way so you can get some LEDs out of sync if you use the Axe panel to make changes. It's not perfect but it's very flexible and inexpensive. I had considered the more-capable Eureka mod but there's no PC editor. I refuse to program a pedal w/o a computer-based editor. Programming the FCB1010 OOTB w/o a computer editor is an exercise in frustration.

I converted my FCB1010 to MIDI Phantom, power years ago, long before I got the Axe. Just last week though, I made a 7-pin to 5-pin adapter cable so I could use the Axe's phantom power jack and ditch the home-made box I was using.

Back
Top Bottom