Working with Stephen C from The Deftones this week, check out our progress!

Soundclips are pretty good! I think you guys should check your input volume or trim since sounds like too much gain and noise at times. Koinoyokan is not that gainy you know.

I think you guys should check your input volume or trim since sounds like too much gain and noise at times. Koinoyokan is not that gainy you know.

Running everything stock when recording those clips, unaltered presets, global amp gain at default, passive Suhr bridge humbucker.

It could also be the other way around. ;)
For example, if the presets were created on an Axe with Input 1 Mode set to Sum L+R, the presets' gain will increase when being played on an Axe with Input 1 Mode set to Left.

Did anyone else have an issue with the audio not really coming through unless the Vol block was bypassed? I'm running straight to a real cab.

Cheers!

I had the same issue and bypassed the gate for testing. Bypassing the vol block seems like a better solution. Didn't think about that ;)

For those having low end issues, I did some small tweaks to one of the presets.
I opened the stereo panning in the cab, raised the cab level so it would be on par with other cabs (it's 5 db quieter ; normalizing with AXE-O-Matic don't work well with that one), raised the delay block level so it wouldn't affect the direct level when switched off, added a multiband compressor to control only the lows, and opened width/depth in the enhancer block
I really like that sound !

Attachments

• lEAthErs_(edit).syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 50
I also got the bass issue, load the preset (axe edit or fractal bot), play it (perfect !), save it... go on another preset, return and then thin sound, lower volume...

another strange thing (using gOOn sqUAd preset) : i load the preset with axe edit or fractal bot, sounds good, Place the mouse cursor on the second Vol/Pan of the first line (the one between the AMP and the Bypassed DELAY), place the cursor where the output "cord" and the block join (a little circle appears when the cursor come on it) and make a single clic.
On my axe, the sound loss volume and bass, exactly like it does when i come back on the preset/ I've changed nothing, no sttings, but the sound changes...

i tried listening on my gf's computer speakers at her house. and damn is the bass overpowering! will need to rework the presets somehow. im using m audio bx5as at home sounds fine but on other speakers it just sounds like its gonna blow!

I also got the bass issue, load the preset (axe edit or fractal bot), play it (perfect !), save it... go on another preset, return and then thin sound, lower volume...

another strange thing (using gOOn sqUAd preset) : i load the preset with axe edit or fractal bot, sounds good, Place the mouse cursor on the second Vol/Pan of the first line (the one between the AMP and the Bypassed DELAY), place the cursor where the output "cord" and the block join (a little circle appears when the cursor come on it) and make a single clic.
On my axe, the sound loss volume and bass, exactly like it does when i come back on the preset/ I've changed nothing, no sttings, but the sound changes...

Do not use Axe-Edit!!!

got the samme issue "I also got the bass issue, load the preset (axe edit or fractal bot), play it (perfect !), save it... go on another preset, return and then thin sound, lower volume..." if i use Fractal Bot...

I have a feeling when Kevin loads these patches on his home unit he will find more glitches then the #25 cab slot.

Last edited:
i get some weird looking chains when i try to just view them, almost like there's 2 diff patch's going on and the cab is saying #44

Attachments

• stef.jpg
    stef.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 88
Aargh,.... Don't use Axe-Edit!

Also, as explained in the PDF, some presets have multiple scenes and have a separate path just for that.

Love that tone! Great recording! What drums are you using?

Thanks! I think the Trillian bass is a little too high in the mix. The drums could be mixed better too. It was a quick recording.

Anyway... The drums are from the Addictive Drums plugin. They took some tweaking but I like them.

Aargh,.... Don't use Axe-Edit!

Also, as explained in the PDF, some presets have multiple scenes and have a separate path just for that.

Thank you. Yes, DO NOT USE AXE EDIT...unless you want it to mess everything up. Were fixing the cab 25 issue which isnt present on the original unit so something got messed up in translation and re-upping it soon. The bass issues...thats how he sets it. if you need to adjust for the DI out, use the PEQ as i said in the PDF. the cab sound has no issues with a 4x12 marshall.

Found a solution for my issue ( sound turn thin + lower volume when i come back on the preset)...

i have to do the following : i send the preset to the Axe, i change the cab with factory cab (whatever one but it must be a factory one, not an user one, for example 4x12 EV12L mix and Uber T-75+V30), i save the preset. I select another preset on the axe then i get back to the "Deftones" preset and now i change the cab for the right user one. Then i save it and everything goes well...

Back
Top Bottom