Working with Stephen C from The Deftones this week, check out our progress!

Tried 3 different guitars and I just reloaded the cab with SYSEX reinstalled the newest firmware and the reset parameters and still sounds just as bad. I'm just getting to the point of sending it in for a checkup because it it driving me nuts.

And no problems with other presets?

Guitar cables okay, using the front input, etc.?

I'm just wondering, why the same Koinoyokan-cab has to be in a two different slots? Why not load it from the slot 6 for both stereo cabs? Actually the pdf only tells us to load the KNY-cab in slot 6. I didn't see any mention about slot 25 in the pdf. Or am i blind? How we ended up thinking, that the slot 25 is the same KNY-cab?

I'm just wondering, why the same Koinoyokan-cab has to be in a two different slots? Why not load it from the slot 6 for both stereo cabs? Actually the pdf only tells us to load the KNY-cab in slot 6. I didn't see any mention about slot 25 in the pdf. Or am i blind? How we ended up thinking, that the slot 25 is the same KNY-cab?

that is a great question. why have two of the same user cabs?

it is a wasted user slot no matter how you look at it.

looking at the goonsquad preset and it has a tubescreamer into an dasmetall with the gain at 3/4 and the boost switch on.

When I played the Swerve City and Tempest patches they are dime on as well. I can't wait to really turn these up tomorrow at practice.

I'll be setting up the full rig with two Orange 1x12 cabs as well next week.

yeah i just played swerve city, it sounds right on the money. alot of fun messing with these presets.

are you using a cab? I may hook a cab up later and check that out.

I haven't tried a cab yet. I do have a stereo 2x12 but it's loaded with Lynchbacks. That will definitely be over the top bass. I have two Orange 1x12 cabs coming in on Monday.

Hey... One thought... What version is everybody on? I'm still on 10.9... Might that have something to do with all the bass issues? I believe these patches were created with 10.1.

Hey... One thought... What version is everybody on? I'm still on 10.9... Might that have something to do with all the bass issues? I believe these patches were created with 10.1.

I've tested them in 10.05, 10.11 and 10.12 now and there were no issues in any of those revisions.

Maybe your global amp gain is too hot.

I pretty much went through everything and it all looks ok. For some reason it just sounds like garbage and I'm pretty much given up. I've done everything I could possibly think of except sending my unit it to get checked out.

Deftones are playing at 013 in The Netherlands, September 3rd.

I'm going to be there, ticket in the mail!

Kevin, if there's any chance of meeting Stephen (beg beg) ... ;-)

Ha, i think thats a bit out of my control. If you can find him at the show im sure he'd be down to hear feedback about the tones ect. hes a very open and friendly person.

As far as people having trouble with the patch, maybe post up a clip so we can hear it. YES, these do have a lot of low end but thats what stef loves. feel free to adjust the PEQ on the cab to taste.

Lastly, can someone PLEASE tell me what presets have cab 25 in them? none of them are supposed to so we're tracking down a bug. I dont have them loaded into my personal unit so i cant check.

Deftones are playing at 013 in The Netherlands, September 3rd.

I'm going to be there, ticket in the mail!

Kevin, if there's any chance of meeting Stephen (beg beg) ... ;-)

Reactions: yek
They all have cab 25 in all the cab blocks using your custom IR. It comes up a stereo cab with one cab as #25. I posted a couple clips I recorded with all the gain and bass. Is it right that he uses and über models with the gain 3/4 up and the boost on and a tube screamer? Thanks crazy gain!!

Back
Top Bottom