Working with Stephen C from The Deftones this week, check out our progress!

Make sure you load the included IR in slots 6 and 25.

I'm not experiencing the overpowering bass here.

I love the Romantic Dreams preset. The crunchy Boutique (Matchless) with a high-gain "background". Great note definition while still heavy.

Just for reference purposes, here are sloppy, quick-and-dirty clips of the presets.
Suhr Modern, dropped D tuning. Sorry, slightly out of tune and some noise by being too close to the laptop.
And as you will notice, I can't play metal.

Last edited:
wow! finally I can check out Steph's presets :) the only problem is how do you load Cab IR's/ User Cabs into the Axe FX :(? is it possible to use fractal bot ?

Check if the Cab is set to Y (should be X).

Other than that, I haven't got a clue.

Set to X on top. Every preset is a mess like that and I have reloaded them already and also reset my unit. They are all unusable the way they sit. Your clip has less gain more highs and way less lowed. Its very frustrating how the same patches are completely different and of course there is no way it seems to fix it.

Presence and Treble are set to very moderate settings in these presets.
But still they have enough sound clarity. How?

"AIR" ....

In all Cab blocks the AIR parameter has been adjusted, letting direct signal pass through the Cab block unprocessed.
Just try it yourself. Turn down AIR and all clarity will disappear from the sound.

AIR was a popular control in the first generation Axe-Fx but didn't seem to maintain that popularity in the Axe-Fx 2 (it was absent from the first firmware versions).

Maybe it'll make a comeback now. :)

Set to X on top. Every preset is a mess like that and I have reloaded them already and also reset my unit. They are all unusable the way they sit. Your clip has less gain more highs and way less lowed. Its very frustrating how the same patches are completely different and of course there is no way it seems to fix it.

It seems like the presets got messed up earlier, maybe caused by AE.
What's strange is that they load correctly on one unit, and messed up on another.

You do load the preset with Fractal-Bot, not with AE, I hope?

There shouldn't be a connection with I/O or Global settings but who knows.
Do you have out of the ordinary I/O or Global settings?

So any last ideas on anything I need to do to try and fix my unit. You can hear our clips sound nothing alike at all.

So any last ideas on anything I need to do to try and fix my unit. You can hear our clips sound nothing alike at all.

Make a note of the Cab settings. Delete the Cab block. Save the preset.
Add a Cab block and adjust the settings. Verify that the Cab block points to the user cab slot with the uploaded Koi user cab.

You have no external controllers affecting blocks on the grid?

Also, go through the preset and check each block.

Hope this helps.

Make a note of the Cab settings. Delete the Cab block. Save the preset.
Add a Cab block and adjust the settings. Verify that the Cab block points to the user cab slot with the uploaded Koi user cab.

You have no external controllers affecting blocks on the grid?

Also, go through the preset and check each block.

Hope this helps.

I actually unplugged my MFC thinking maybe my expression pedals were doing something weird and it sounded the same. I bypassed the volume blocks and nothing and went through and deleted the cab block and redid it. Check out this clip of the G.NATURE preset I just recorded on a Schecter with a JB tuned to B and see how mushy it is

I actually unplugged my MFC thinking maybe my expression pedals were doing something weird and it sounded the same. I bypassed the volume blocks and nothing and went through and deleted the cab block and redid it. Check out this clip of the G.NATURE preset I just recorded on a Schecter with a JB tuned to B and see how mushy it is

Hmm... a couple of other things to try.

1) Another guitar.
2) Perhaps something's wrong under the hood. Reset your System parameters.
3) Upload the user cab again.

Back
Top Bottom