Working with Stephen C from The Deftones this week, check out our progress!

Just a note. When i load a preset. The sound is.. "wierd" but og into the cab Block..and it loads the right cab

Cool patches and write up and thanks for all the great info. There should be a warning on the patches "CAUTION SERIOUS LOWEND". They about blew up my Mackies before I dialed all of it out. What was the speaker IR a model of?

The low end is pretty huge, but it works. Based on what the PDF says, it looks like the IR is a Marshall 4x12 with G12K100s in it. It sounds much different from what I'm used to those speakers sounding like, though. The high end is really tame, that nasty 8k spike is gone, and the overall sound is almost mellow, nothing like my other K100 IRs. Out of curiosity, can we get some more info about the cab? Mics, positions, post-processing, etc?

It sounded really weird to me at first as well, very bassy and it was clipping my focusrite soundcard. But then I saw that only one cab was loaded. Loaded the cab into user preset 25 and all was well. Compared a couple of the presets with the record and it's really close.

OK so... When I go to set this up at home (with FRFR and stereo cab) Which outputs of the Axe go to what?

Also... What footcontroller setup is recommended with these?

Last edited:
The ir has to be a tonematch. They say that they used the guitar stems from kny more than once.
I have not had a chance to try these but thanks again guys. I cannot wait to get off work today.

The lowend actually fuzzed out my Mackie 824's until I pulled it out a ton and though I blew them out for a second.

The lowend actually fuzzed out my Mackie 824's until I pulled it out a ton and though I blew them out for a second.

I'm playing these with a pair of FRFR monitors and a stereo 2x12 and am having no low end issues. The low end is definitely there, but not overwhelming.

I'm using my ESP Stef-T7 and Stef-B8 guitars with no issues minus not having enough expression pedals.

Just been playing these presets and the only thing i had to mess with was the gates. no low end issues here either, just using dxr10.

Maybe they didn't load right because the bass was unusable through both my sets of monitors. I'll go reload them all and see what happens.

Yeah ive noticed in my personal AxeII unit that somtimes when switching to patches i created on older versions of 10.x that they sound awful when selecting them but after selecting and editing the cab block it resets it to the proper tone. Dont know what thats about, but ill bring it up to fractal.

I just reloaded all the presets and tried them through Mackie 824s, Rokit5s, and my EV LIVEX12's and the bass is still overwhelming with the PEQ on. The Patch 'G.NaturE' actually started to bottom out my EV's. I had to use to lowcut in the cab block and dial it up to almost 250Hz to cut it out.

Last edited:
Maybe it's your guitars. The SC guitars are (I imagine) fairly bright guitars. The guitar I was using with these is very bright itself (mostly maple, treble-heavy pickups), and the bass was quite heavy, but not quite overpowering.

Maybe it's your guitars. The SC guitars are (I imagine) fairly bright guitars. The guitar I was using with these is very bright itself (mostly maple, treble-heavy pickups), and the bass was quite heavy, but not quite overpowering.

I it a Schecter with EMG81 tuned to Db with a .58 on the low E. That one patch in all seriousness might have actually damaged my EV's. Just want to make sure my unit isnt wacky and this lowend mid thunder is how it is supposed to sound. Turn it up at a decent volume because it shakes my room and almost makes my speakers crap out. All 3 sets of them at a pretty loud volume scare me they will fry. The clip even loses some low end after compressing.

Last edited:
Huge tones through my custom 8 string and recto quad. The huge bottom end works well for the Deftones style riffage. Thanks for sharing SC and co. Appreciated. The only thing that didn't work for me was the volume block. Had to bypass it to get my signal through. I've got expression pedals but it didn't seem to help. Apart for that, I've had some fun with the presets!

Today I tried them all and left some of them in the Axe. Just set cab to the provided IR (put it on slot 6 for default) and choose either stereo or mono hires (which I use). They sounded great, scenes and all. No clipping, no mud. Just lowered the gates to my liking and voilá. The guitar is a Schecter Damien Platinum 8 with EMGs.

BTW exp pedals 1 and 2 work perfectly (master input volume and master volume). They are inverted from my regular use though (being toe down at 0, opposed from my regular toe down=max vol), but I think its quite useful that way also. Thanks Steven!!!

Yeah ive noticed in my personal AxeII unit that somtimes when switching to patches i created on older versions of 10.x that they sound awful when selecting them but after selecting and editing the cab block it resets it to the proper tone. Dont know what thats about, but ill bring it up to fractal.

I get the same thing. this happens only with user IR.

Back
Top Bottom