Working with Stephen C from The Deftones this week, check out our progress!

Thank you. Yes, DO NOT USE AXE EDIT...unless you want it to mess everything up. Were fixing the cab 25 issue which isnt present on the original unit so something got messed up in translation and re-upping it soon. The bass issues...thats how he sets it. if you need to adjust for the DI out, use the PEQ as i said in the PDF. the cab sound has no issues with a 4x12 marshall.

Curious as to how you guys handle the patches with FW updates? Do you wait until the tour is over etc? Just seeing as you were one of the guys that picked up on some TM issues on the early 10FW and now with 11 (more pronounced bottom end being one of the changes) I could imagine waiting until being off the road etc. Seeing how much effort you went into doing the old album tones and if they were dead on it would almost be not worth it.

had a play on these patches last night, they are brilliant! The cab issue was easy to fix and I'm glad I read about it on here first.

There's a lot of bass for sure, BUT Stef's work seems to be more chord based and less 'chuggy' so it works perfectly. I have my 8 set up in Drop E and I'm having a lot of fun with it. Really cool to see some application of stock presets as well!

SO looking forward to "Risk" from Diamond Eyes.

There is something really cool going on on that tune and the guitars have a log of grit and chug - I'll bet the ir is different than others from that album.

Does anyone know if Stef's Ultra patches will be made available eventually? I remember his guitar tech talking about that before Stef got an Axe II.
I thought his live tone was killer with the Ultra and would love to try the presets on mine.

Stef presets I have in my axe fx 2, but I had to install the 10.12 version for this, at first the axe could be seen in the 1.9 beta but edit any moment and leave open the program edit ax 1.9. However stef effects are in the axe and all sound great.

Something happens with the axe edit, or we have to wait to upgrade it to use it again, I'm worried about it because I can not edit my edit effects on the beta since I updated to version 10.12

if you know something about it please tell me what to do, thank you very much

jean

You have to go slow with ae in are you first click on sourse =axefx2 for me I then click on settings once I click on settings the preset pops up. Then you can change things go slow WATCH THE MIDI LIGHTS then ALWAYS SAVE WITH THE FRONT PANEL.SOMETIMES AE SHUTS DOWN you can still save on the front panel.learn to use the front panel its slower but you can do everything you need to do on the fp.just learn something new each time you turn it on

I hope that steph's willingness to share hasn't gone away:( I have made my own diamond eyes patch and ATF, but it would be way better straight from the horses mouth.

Yeah, this would be cool.
Are you going to update the released pack to 12.x? *Edit, looks like we're going straight to FW 13.

Last edited:
Spent the morning updating Stef's presets for the pending 13.00 firmware release and...holy shit these sound good with all the stuff that's changed in this release! Like MASSIVELY good. HUGE! MONSTROUS! GIGANTIC!

Had a big, stupid smile on my face all morning while I got my hardcore heavy on with these patches.

Spent the morning updating Stef's presets for the pending 13.00 firmware release and...holy shit these sound good with all the stuff that's changed in this release! Like MASSIVELY good. HUGE! MONSTROUS! GIGANTIC!

Had a big, stupid smile on my face all morning while I got my hardcore heavy on with these patches.

You think he's going to stick with the II or will he upgrade to the XL?

You think he's going to stick with the II or will he upgrade to the XL?

No clue sorry. But if I had to guess: he has no need for the XL. Stef's presets aren't that complicated. He does pretty much one sound with each preset so he doesn't need a lot of x/y capabilities or room for more block instances in a preset.

Hey Ian or M@?
Any idea when these updated patches are getting released?

Back
Top Bottom