Working on a Tool (Adam Jones) tone.

I took some screenshots of the different blocks if you wanna try and dial it in yourselves. I only did basic tweaking on the amp blocks and I dont think I changed anything else. You should be able to get everything from these. The only thing is that I recommend boosting some of the higher frequencies depending on the recording you're referencing it to. And also, it shows a drive and delay block, but I didnt use these for the tone at all. I was just messing around with those. But heres a link to the screenshots- Adam Jones Preset - Album on Imgur good luck

You can export the preset as a spreadsheet from Axe-Edit.

Open Axe-Edit
Click Settings menu at the top
Click Refresh after new FW, so all the blocks will export the correct info
Hold down SHIFT+CTRL+ALT + Click the Export button in the upper right
The Export Preset as CSV window will open, Click Save in lower right
Share the csv file with all us Vintage Axe-Fx II owners :)

No that's not what he said at all. That article that is spreading is just click-bait at it's worst. This has been Maynards MO since forever, I can't remember the last interview about music he did that he didn't mess around with.

This article expands a bit on that: http://loudwire.com/tool-maynard-james-keenan-its-fanatics-that-are-insufferable/
Well that's good. He lives in camp Verde, where he does wine. I have had his wine a couple times, it's good. My grand parents lived in Camp Verde, I have spent many years in that area.

Reactions: efx
Well that's good. He lives in camp Verde, where he does wine. I have had his wine a couple times, it's good. My grand parents lived in Camp Verde, I have spent many years in that area.
That's awesome :) I always wanted to order a bottle of his stuff. If you read/see interviews with him when he talks about non-tool stuff like his wine he comes across as very passionate.

FYI: I created a few preset at axechange for Tool songs. If you're looking for AJ tone maybe you can start there

Back
Top Bottom