FM9 Working on a Cliffs of Dover preset

As a solo guitar in a cover band his sound works… for Eric Johnson songs. For R&B or funk, not so much.

If there’s another guitarist then EQ is going to be important. Finding a way to fit that fat lead sound into a band bigger than a trio means narrowing the sound so it’d lose some of what Johnson counts on, the ability to fill the stage.
Thats what im thinking. Stinks but just the nature of his eq

It’s the nature of the guitar in a power-trio. Hendrix, Trower, Clapton, SRV, Holdsworth, etc., all have a BIG sound in that situation. The question is, could they tame it in a 5 piece band?
The hendrix factory preset is one of my favs and i think would def hold up and cut through well in a 5 piece (referring to my cover band gigs specifically) but to me that tone just sounds like a dirty marshall. EJ tone if you make too many changes or even a couple you lose it at least in my experience. I love it when jamming solo though theres nothing better!

The hendrix factory preset is one of my favs and i think would def hold up and cut through well in a 5 piece (referring to my cover band gigs specifically) but to me that tone just sounds like a dirty marshall. EJ tone if you make too many changes or even a couple you lose it at least in my experience. I love it when jamming solo though theres nothing better!
Yes, the Hendrix sound is much more raw, but that’s to be expected. The amps and few effects he had available to him were primitive in comparison to what they had ten years later. Imagine what he would be doing with a pair of FX3.

This sounds fantastic! Share the preset if you get a chance!

Very nice sounding! One of the best sounding attempts I've heard as far as the tones you are getting.

Would definitely try out the preset if you feel like sharing...

Wow! Nicely done and amazing tone. Preset please

Well done! Well done! You sound great! My compliments on your playing. I would love to see a video of your thought process with this preset. It really is the best I have heard. The idea that you hear something that needs to be perfected haunts me a little — cause I don’t hear it.

Share it brotha I would love to try! Great stuff

That sounds awesome! Any chance you'll share your preset?

Herrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ya go. Also posted in the preset exchange sub-forums

Attachments

• Cliffs of Dover.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 42
No, you're not Eric Johnson but neither am I nor anyone else but the tones on your preset are great and to even attempt this song takes some stones. Thanks for posting, great stuff.

Back
Top Bottom