Working Man

edawterb

Experienced
Doing "working man' at church this weekend. Can anyone get me in the ball park with an amp and IR choice to get close to Alex's tone on this song? I'll be using my 1960 LP reissue.

Pretty sure Alex was using Marshall Stacks in the early days, (correct me if im incorrect). So maybe try the Plexi or the 1987x. Try with the 1960A G12M cab. Add MXR style Phaser and Tapey Echoplex style delay.

I'd go with either the 50 watt or the 100 watt Plexi model. I like the G12M speaker suggestion from Kink Camel. Maybe try a 4x12 greenback too?

Actually, Working Man is an easy one to use the Tone Match feature. I did it as an experiment when tone match first came out (FW 6?) and really got an excellent match. I no longer have the patch, and even if I did Tone Match has gone through some changes so the old v6 patch would probably be unusable. I haven't tried using Tone Match lately... Maybe I will do it again later this week for fun.

Doing "working man' at church this weekend. Can anyone get me in the ball park with an amp and IR choice to get close to Alex's tone on this song? I'll be using my 1960 LP reissue.

An interesting song selection for church... Is their a point to it or are you just going for the 5 minute solo thing :lol.

An interesting song selection for church... Is their a point to it or are you just going for the 5 minute solo thing :lol.

It is an interesting song selection. We are starting a new sermon series called "no regrets" and the first message is called "hadn't worked so hard". I seriously hope they shorten it up a bit! Sometimes they do songs to lure me into playing a weekend that I'm not scheduled by sending me a text on about Monday or so and telling me they are doing this or that song. Devious buggers they can be.

It is an interesting song selection. We are starting a new sermon series called "no regrets" and the first message is called "hadn't worked so hard". I seriously hope they shorten it up a bit! Sometimes they do songs to lure me into playing a weekend that I'm not scheduled by sending me a text on about Monday or so and telling me they are doing this or that song. Devious buggers they can be.

You have a servants hart...

We get to do some cool stuff at church. Everything from Bon jovi to acdc to satch to Miranda lambert. One of our core values is "fun required".

FWIW, here's my take on it... I've been wanting to redo my 50W patch anyways and this is a good one to cop. I'm always open to comments/contrictive criticism...

PRS Cu24 w/A2 PAF clones -> Axe II -> Mackie HRM824 Monitors. Lerxt's tone is a bit fuzzier, but the basic tone is there to my ears. All 8 scenes are used for something, but scene 1 is the focus. (Note: Latest V12 beta used)

Happy New Year Y'all! :)

Attachments

• Working Lerxst.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 25
Back
Top Bottom