Workflow Question with PowerStation 2

I am redesigning my guitar room rig And have a few questions for the experts here.

I’ve got an AF3 w/FC6 paired with Adam A7Xs. I’ve also to a couple of valve amps I love, a 5153 50w and a JCM SC20. will more than likely buy more because I’m a hopeless gear whore...

I’ve been playing mostly in either 4CM or I’ve been using the 5153 as a power amp and have been researching options.

I think I’m missing a trick bypassing the AF3s power amp so want a power amp to play the AF3 through and also a load to record my amps with.

I’d like to use my AF3 centrally in all of this because the manual states it’s also a high grade interface so think it should out perform my 2i2 and if I can avoid buying an Apollo or similar, that would be a bonus..

A couple of users on here (Leon and Guitarjon) have inspired me by using the xload with AF3 as an IR loader. I’d want to add a power amp to this rig though

I’m assuming based on the many threads on here that the Fryette Power Station is the power amp of choice?

If I went down this route, could I have a signal flow that went:
Guitar - AF3 - wah / drive - 5153 (into power station with cab connected) - PS2 line out - AF3 - delay / reverb - cab - AF3 output to Monitors and USB to DAW?

id then be able to use this rig as W/D/W is my thinking. The ultimate ‘bedroom’ rig.

I’m considering the same idea with the Boss TAE but as I don’t need the effects in the TAE think the Fryette route is more cost effective.

Plan b is x load and PowerStage 170 which I know I can do what I want with and would be slightly more expensive than a single PS2

The goal is to create options to play my amps and the AF3 through either monitors or a real cab and of course to be able to record it

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom