Workbench/Desks?

SteveCass

I know there aren’t many posts regarding furniture here :), but I’m reorganizing my practice space at home and am looking for a good desk that will fit my FX3, desktop pc, etc. What are you guys using as a workbench or desk? I’ve seen studio desks that have racks built in, but I’d rather not have to screw in the FX3 and remove it for gigs, etc. Plus a lot of them are pretty large and I would need something to fit a smaller bedroom space. Ideally if I could fit my 4U case on the desk along with my other stuff (keyboard, mouse, etc) that would be great. Thanks in advance for your help!

I have an Ikea desk. I built a little riser for my display and monitors and that gave me a little extra room. It's not bad, whole thing was under $100. But I'd like to get one of those desks with rack mounting and monitors flying off the side too.

48528207742_1f0b273f0b_b.jpg

I just built my own, took me one Saturday. It’s not perfect but it only cost me the wood and some paint

View attachment 62386
View attachment 62387
View attachment 62388

End result:

View attachment 62389

Did you draw up a plan for this? Or find one somewhere on the web?

Looks awesome.

The price of studio desks is just insane (in my opinion). Compare them to the price of the standard desk and it's crazy how much it's marked up just because it's got a set of rack rails and a shelf on it.

Did you draw up a plan for this? Or find one somewhere on the web?

Looks awesome.

The price of studio desks is just insane (in my opinion). Compare them to the price of the standard desk and it's crazy how much it's marked up just because it's got a set of rack rails and a shelf on it.

I did a few sketches. The idea was to build the two cabinets and then mount the main work surface between them. This way I could adapt it to varying room dimensions with minimal effort.

8105AE17-B7F3-402A-AE09-2429C92B262A.jpeg
FB6EDCA3-233A-4E3B-A1AE-2BDCFBF852DF.jpeg
Dimensions are metric. The fit for rack gear is a bit snug. The axe fits fine but my rack drawer didn’t without some slight modification. Maybe allow for 5-10mm more

Back
Top Bottom