Workaround for Global Blocks

Keg8605

Power User
What have you guys done for a work around with Global blocks?Curious as I've been stuck to my XL but still wanting the portability of the AX8 again. It seems CPU has improved a lot too.

The wish I know has been beat to death and Cliff did say they were looking into it but that was awhile ago and as of right now its not possible.

what I have done was use the fx recall feature where you can retrieve an effect's setting from one preset to the next. I really wish @joe rogers would make it so we can get that option in all modes not just preset mode. With fracpad it looks like it would be pretty easy to quickly update a bunch of presets in a short time

Well, I'd love a global looper. I got around it by not relying on the AX8s looper when I do solo shows, as there is a gap between preset changes, even if the looper has the same parameters. I use an external looper if I can.

What do you do when connected to the editor? Block library?

Yeah, pretty much. Or copy and paste the block across the relevant presets.

The biggest use case for me with regards to Global Blocks was live when you needed to quickly tweak an amp setting and have it update across all presets using the same amp - this is where I miss it the most.

Back
Top Bottom