Work in Progress - Marshall and Wah

Narzugon

Power User
All of the new UR IR's have inspired me to dig in and see what I come up with. I decided to start with a vintage Marshall sound. I'm shooting for the "in the room with bleeding ears" kinda vibe. Granted this isn't ready to drop into a mix but I'm not shooting for that at this stage.

The wah documentary Simeon posted inspired me to do a quick track. This is a first take first thing in the morning kinda thing. Ignore familiar riffs played wrong etc. Just noodling.

Marshall 100 watt jumped and some Frankenstined IR's that I mixed up in Cablab.

Yeah it's an Axe wah. I honestly don't remember where I got it. At one time I tried to emulate my Fulltone Clyde but around that time I also tried a few off of Axechange. So it's either my version or possibly Yek or Freeman's. I'll post the block in a bit.

That sounds really "organic" to my ears, like a real amp. Love your playing style too, reminds of of Clutch. Loving all your stuff on your SoundCloud, Ronnie.

Great job bro.

That sounds really "organic" to my ears, like a real amp. Love your playing style too, reminds of of Clutch. Loving all your stuff on your SoundCloud, Ronnie.

Great job bro.

Thanks man. I had to reply when you mentioned Clutch. It's been a while since I've listened to them. But Sunday afternoon I was jamming to Robot Hive while driving. It must've been on my mind. \m/ 0100110101 \m/

I've been struggling with the low mids and mids. Trying to find the right balance. Treating it as an educational project.

If you think this is good, you should hear his C.C. DeVille tribute album.

Great job bro.

Wow man, really good sound even at this stage of it. What axe were you using?

Thanks. Suhr custom classic strat. Alder, Maple, DSV+ humbucker, ML single coils and a Floyd.

I'll post the amp when I'm done. The IR's up to this point have been a combo of commercial IR's but I can post the recipe when I'm done as well. That particular recipe was a bit over thought perhaps. I chose two mic's from a Redwirez pre-rola 4x12. Then ran a Redwirez G12M impedance curve in front of (serial) each of those. Took those and ran a parallel mix and dropped on the grid as the first cab.

I then ran the same impedance curve into (serial) the TAF left and then right basketweave room IR's. Used these as a second stereo cab panned hard left and right with a bit of delay.

Just exploring boundaries. Next I'm wanting to ditch the impedance curve IR's in favor of replicating them in the speaker page. For me these were easier to try than dialing it in the speaker page just because I haven't done much with those controls yet.

Back
Top Bottom