Work around for EQ/level bump for solos and reducing blocks to do so

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
How can I utilize a scene that allows me to boost a level and increase a feq with the amp block? This allows me to get rid of my GEQ block, thus reducing a block. Thanks in advance

How can I utilize a scene that allows me to boost a level and increase a feq with the amp block? This allows me to get rid of my GEQ block, thus reducing a block. Thanks in advance
Use the output eq in the amp block to boost the mids and level. You can even use a scene controller to enable the eq and to control the level for a particular scene.

Put a Control Switch on the EQ changes you'd like to make in the Amp block and enable those switches on your "Lead Scene". You can use the Output block to raise the level by however much you need for your boost. I typically use the 4 Output channels to be 0/+1/+2/+3 db across the A/B/C/D Output Channels. That way I can give my rhythm tone in the chorus of a song a bit more level as the rest of the band tends to play louder during the chorus - thus I retain my "relative place" in the overall mix in addition to being a "jump on top of the mix" boost for true leads.

I use ..
  • CS in Drive EQ
  • CS on in lead scene
  • Level all scenes to the same volume
  • Out scene level: decrease all none lead scenes vol

You could also use a dedicated amp channel for your lead tone. Between the amp controls, input EQ, and output EQ, you should be able to get everything you want EQ-wise from the amp block. You can also dial in more gain or a little volume boost too, if you want.

I’m not sure about using a controller on specific parameters because that controller would affect all the amp channels (unless I’m thinking of a different thing from what others are). Can you dial in separate controller settings for each amp channel or would it be the same across the board?

Also keep in mind controller being on or off doesn’t change with the scene.

Edit: I checked it... you can choose to have the control switch apply to all channels (default) or just 1 channel. Pretty sure that the control switch being on or off is independent of the scene.

Last edited:
Scene controller has eight knobs one for each scene. Say you want a boost mid on scene 3, set that scene level higher as well as the amps level. The hardest part is before setting this knowing what number to enter as if you hadn't touched the knob. Think all the knobs in scene controller default to zero. Super handy tool and has been around forever. A nice way to make adjustments between scenes without having to add any blocks.

Scene controller has eight knobs one for each scene. Say you want a boost mid on scene 3, set that scene level higher as well as the amps level. The hardest part is before setting this knowing what number to enter as if you hadn't touched the knob. Think all the knobs in scene controller default to zero. Super handy tool and has been around forever. A nice way to make adjustments between scenes without having to add any blocks.
I'm starting to understand... I was just thinking of a modifier assigned to a control switch but modifier assigned to a scene controller is a different beast.

A few posts down in this thread, someone explains it with screenshots and that's when it clicked for me:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/the-“what”-and-“why”-of-scene-controllers.145298/

Back
Top Bottom