Woojer Strap?

unix-guy

Master of RTFM
So about a year or so back I was lamenting (to myself) about the lack of "feeling the music" when using IEMs with a "silent stage" setup.

I had the idea that you might be able to steal some bits from a gaming haptic feedback system to get some "kick" and generate some feeling. Seemed plausible, but it never went beyond that thought.

I just got a "sponsored" ad on Facebook for this:

https://www.woojer.com/strap/

I think this is exactly what I was after... Somebody made it!

Anyone tried one?

I have no affiliation... Just curious.

This looks like another remake of the original Bone Phone. Never tried this, but the Bone Phone was laughable. I'm sure this unit is better, but I have to wonder if the localized stimulation could be convincing. I'd be more inclined to strap it to my guitar.

Cool. There's a number of these types of products (platforms, vests, etc.) already in market for bass players, I wonder how it works for guitar players with IEM. Some marketed towards EDM headphone mixer types too.

This looks like another remake of the original Bone Phone. Never tried this, but the Bone Phone was laughable. I'm sure this unit is better, but I have to wonder if the localized stimulation could be convincing. I'd be more inclined to strap it to my guitar.
I had that thought, too... Or build a guitar strap version.

Cool. There's a number of these types of products (platforms, vests, etc.) already in market for bass players, I wonder how it works for guitar players with IEM. Some marketed towards EDM headphone mixer types too.
Any links?

BONE PHONE!!! I so wanted that to be great, but as you say, the reality of it was a joke (didnt stop me from wearing it for a while). ....but this new thing does look intriguing.....

Jeez ..that SubPac looks like a SWAT or superhero vest.........
lol I know right? I don't know how good it is as a concept to have a wearable bass transducer, since that's probably not how we experience sound even at low frequencies. But it does look like it ought to be more effective at doing the concept than the Woojer, which is a small hockey puck sized thing vibrating on your chest. I suspect it might feel a bit too localized, more like a punch than a thump in your chest.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom