Women with Axe FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piing

Axe-Master
I only see two females at the Fractal Audio artists list: Sharon Aguilar & Julia Pierce. Let’s expand the list. Feel free to add more.

Artist: SAKI
Band: Mary’s Blood

5823-marys-blood.jpg

hqdefault%2B%252838%2529.jpg

And transgender of course....

Trans-women are women.

But the gender ratio here doesnt surprise me. From my experience its entirely cis men who get into the gear obsession trap. Which is what leads us hereeventually. Maybe it's different at the pro level... But then the ratio would still make sense considering the proportion of women who professionally play electric guitar.

I don't get your complaints. I am doing this just as a recognition; as a way of promoting the few female artists that are using the Axe-FX.
If you know more, I think that it would be nice to post it here.

Last edited:
I don't get your complaints. I am doing this just as a recognition; as a way of promoting the few female artists that are using the Axe-FX.
If you know more, it thought that it would be nice to post it here.

Misogyny popping up uninvited on an internet forum is surprising to you? Well, welcome to the internet.
Sucks that it happens even on this forum though.

But Sarah Longfield uses AxeFx often:

But the gender ratio here doesnt surprise me. From my experience its entirely cis men who get into the gear obsession trap
Yeah, that's because women already have shoes, clothes, bags, hair and makeup to think about.
Just kidding ;)

Gender is relevant because representation matters. The demographic associated with professional audio work is largely male. To the extent that young women who aspire to audio work don't see exceptions to that rule, they are tacitly (and often overtly) discouraged from considering that path.

So no, it's not surprising to see female artists valued only as pretty faces. Communities such as ours have upheld the notion that guitar work is a boys' club. If you genuinely want to see more examples of women doing great guitar work, efforts to include them in the discussion make for a fine start.

Last edited:
But Sarah Longfield uses AxeFx often:

Sarah Longfield is the shit. Her guitar is bad ass and I always love how she looks super relaxed when she's playing these really intense riffs. She's done a couple hilarious videos with Rob Scallon, too.

Gender is relevant because representation matters. The demographic associated with professional audio work is largely male. To the extent that young women who aspire to audio work don't see exceptions to that rule, they are tacitly (and often overtly) discouraged from considering that path.

Are you referring to "audio work" in the artistic sense (ie. as musicians) or from a production, engineering, etc. standpoint?

Although I think she has mostly gone back to using real amps,
here is a video of Yvette Young playing an axefx....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom