Wolfgang USA vs Wolfgang Special

Doug

Inspired
I'm wondering if anyone has experience with both? The Special is made in Japan, the USA is made in... the USA. Is there a major difference in playability or tone, because the USA is 2x the price of the Special.

there was a really good thread on this a week or two back - search and you should find it. Some really good color there. Some said yes some said no....of course. My opinion in playing both and looking at youtube comparisons was the USA was much better quality and tone but a number of guys that own them gave detailed input on that thread.

The specials are no longer made in Japan,they are now made in mexico(from what Ive read). A lot of people complained about the first few years(jap ones) having very poor fret jobs. Lots of threads about this is you google it. I've owned all the brands/guitars Ed has designed. The EVH brand guitars are nice but I sold off the one's I had quickly(us models) My personal opinion is the Peavey is a much better guitar that can be had for alot less than the new evh brand models.

To answer your original question though, remember, The us model has a carved top and the special does not. They both use the same hardware.

Thanks guys, this is great input and I'm going to check out that previous thread. Lessthanone's comment about the Peavey is aligned with some of the comments I've heard about on other sites, and picking up a used one is not nearly as expensive. Appreciate the help!

I have had 2 specials and still own one. Great utility rock guitar! The Peavey is in no way better than the current ones. Each time EVH comes out with a new guitar there are new feature such as the low friction bourn pots, better neck ect.

Back
Top Bottom