Wizard MCii or MTL anyone?

Georgy

Inspired
Hey guys.. this is a question for anyone that has actually owned/played an actual Wizard (either Modern Classic or MTL)..

Are there any amp/cab sims that get you close to that Wizard sound? My setup is simple; AX8 and two Yamaha HS7’s. Not looking to run this through a power amp setup.

Many would know that the Wizard is a more-or-less reincarnation of a modded Marshall Jubilee.. And for those that have never heard one in the flesh, I can tell you, even though it’s just another hot-rodded Marshall, it’s unlike anything I’ve heard before, and I’ve owned various Bogners, Friedmans, Soldanos, Cornford, and a Mezzabarba Trinity. It has punch, it has definition, and I’ve heard it pull the pants down of a Bogner Helios Eclipse AND a Friedman BE100 (and I LOVE Friedman amps, for the record). It's no surprise Angus Young uses these amps, and you can definitely hear that dry yet semi-authorative Angus tone.

Would be cool to try and replicate that tone with the above setup.

Cheers guys!

Am I allowed to raise this idea again? Has anyone tried to approximate a Wizard MTL sound - if so how did you go about it?

Am I allowed to raise this idea again? Has anyone tried to approximate a Wizard MTL sound - if so how did you go about it?
My solution entailed buying a MCI, then MTL, then MCII KT75, then MTL/MCII Hybrid, then a Neural Quad Cortex to Capture these unique tones for the times I need them digitally. I could never find a great enough way to recreate these using my Axe Fx III. Still have the Fractal for other needs, and it would be nice to have the option to model them in an Axe so I check in from time to time to see if anyone has figured out the secret sauce.

Back
Top Bottom