AFIII with the compliments of Andy Timmons!

edo

Power User
Vendor
A couple weeks ago I recorded a solo for the zillionth lockdown guitar challenge, a contest in Italy sponsored by dv mark and zoom. Yesterday they announced the winners in a youtube live stream, and it turned Andy Timmons was a special guest in the jury! To make it short, I won the second prize, and apparently one of the key factors was the tone - courtesy of axe fx 3 (although I was very tempted to lie and say it was a some sort of heavily modded vintage marshall head with all kinds of legends around it! lol)
Anyways, I can't remember if I already posted this when I recorded it, but here it is:

Edo - how good would you sound if you put some effort into it?!!

that’s some slick playing you have there. Nice job!

cheers Gilesy

Reactions: edo
Damn and you came in second!? That guy in first place must have friends in high places.....!

Amazing solo Edo!!

Edo - how good would you sound if you put some effort into it?!!

that’s some slick playing you have there. Nice job!

cheers Gilesy

ironically until my early 20’s I was a much better player, then I discovered the world you can fit between the guitar and the amp never looked back! 😄

Awesome!!!! It comes so naturally to you, it looks like you're going through this weeks shopping list in your head as you're playing! :)

BTW, from all of the Edge tone junkies, myself included, thanks for discovering what comes between the guitar and the amp.!

A couple weeks ago I recorded a solo for the zillionth lockdown guitar challenge, a contest in Italy sponsored by dv mark and zoom. Yesterday they announced the winners in a youtube live stream, and it turned Andy Timmons was a special guest in the jury! To make it short, I won the second prize, and apparently one of the key factors was the tone - courtesy of axe fx 3 (although I was very tempted to lie and say it was a some sort of heavily modded vintage marshall head with all kinds of legends around it! lol)
Anyways, I can't remember if I already posted this when I recorded it, but here it is:

That was awesome great sound and I wish I could play that good.
Thanks for sharing :)

Ridiculous chops, So you do or don't see yourself as having fusion chops, cause that was dripping with juicy fusion chops for me. Not close to being straight ahead rock........and that's a good thing in my book.

Well done!!

Ridiculous chops, So you do or don't see yourself as having fusion chops, cause that was dripping with juicy fusion chops for me. Not close to being straight ahead rock........and that's a good thing in my book.

Well done!!

Thank you very much! When I refer to “fusion" I generally think of other scales as opposed to a blues minor pentatonic, and a much less aggressive distortion flavor. You know, I just think my clip leans more towards Nuno Bettencourt than Allan Holdsworth!
Anyways, if you guys liked this clip, you can find a few more similar clips for other recent guitar contest entries (as well as the demos for my commercial preset packs) on my youtube channel:
www.youtube.com/c/edofaiella
Check it out and subscribe if you like!

Back
Top Bottom