Wish - VU Meter that remains visible during editing

It would be great to have a VU Meter that stays visible while you change parameters on different blocks.
...perhaps in a separate window in Axe Edit.

I like to use the VU Meter on the front panel to get my scene levels right within presets. If I open the VU Meter on the front panel, it stays open while I adjust the level on an amp block, for example. As soon as I highlight a different block on Axe Edit, the VU Meter disappears. This can be tedious when working with multiple amps and drives.

Yeah it would be nice to have an option to make Axe Edit not change the display screen on the Axe II. I'm not sure how much resources it would take up to stream the meter values to AxeEdit in real time, but having the option to leave the front panel on the desired screen to watch a meter there would be a nice.

This has been requested before I think. It would be good though. I sit editing at my PC which is at one end of the room and my Axe-Fx is at the other, so I have to ge up, go over to the unit and press the utility button every time I edit anything. It's a bit of a pain, but I suppose I need to burn a few extra calories....

Yeah it would be nice to have an option to make Axe Edit not change the display screen on the Axe II. I'm not sure how much resources it would take up to stream the meter values to AxeEdit in real time, but having the option to leave the front panel on the desired screen to watch a meter there would be a nice.

Yes, both scenarios would be welcome improvements to me. I would gladly accept meter values with even a heavy latency appearing on Axe Edit. Or, as you suggest, an option to tell Axe Edit to not change the Axe display.

Back
Top Bottom